Anybody riding this weekend ?

Got an old ghost trail down to the dez floor .

Steep and rocky terrain. 

Julian for gas . 

Be ready to explore east of S2 if you wish to tag along. 

75% dirt

small bike. 

Sat or Sun ? group consious.

Staging avail at mi casa.

Close proximity to route on map. 

5a849eb75148b_Screenshot_20180213-2032073.thumb.png.803dd632b4cd960e2ce796e1c11b167c.png

Sunday I’m in. 

Get some more scratches dents and dings on Meatmord’s new 500. 

And the first on mine. 

17 hours ago, bikeslut said:

gee... that looks inviting

For the invitationally challenged. IMG_20180215_065253.jpg.b7b9858c0e789e918d23ed5c5f7f10ce.jpg

May see CNF , ABDSP, Butterfield, Oriflame ,Rodriguez Canyon, Prime Anza Borrego Campsite.

Hiked an old jeep route by Oriflamme a few weeks back accesible right off the S1 and drops you out on the S2. Some of it was easily a 7 grade slope, rutted, fine loose top, and varied from 7ft across to mostly 3ft to 1ft. The steep slope was the latter with more like an uneven V shaped trail due to the ruts. It hadn't seen vehicles in years, with the exception of the top 1 mile of the route. This was all Anza-Borrego Desert State Park area. The gates are usually closed, but not locked. 

This route would definitely have some challenging traction issues for a motor powered machine. I've heard of less intense routes in the area.

1 hour ago, Logroller said:

This route would definitely have some challenging traction issues for a motor powered machine. I've heard of less intense routes in the area.

Ya,  i bring the good stuff. 

Here's more trail candy for this ride.IMG_20180210_102718.thumb.jpg.624d7f1ddf114c045951a9df3b32a7a9.jpg 

There was a car of a similar era turned on its side, shot up with various caliber. When I see these vehicles, I always wonder how they met their demise.  

From these pics you can see how the "jeep" trail changed in to a "jeepless" trail.

IMG_1516.JPG

IMG_1519.JPG

21 hours ago, bikeslut said:

gee... that looks inviting

28 minutes ago, Logroller said:

There was a car of a similar era turned on its side, shot up with various caliber. When I see these vehicles, I always wonder how they met their demise.  

From these pics you can see how the "jeep" trail changed in to a "jeepless" trail.

IMG_1516.JPG

IMG_1519.JPG

Do you mean familiar?

And  to think Fireroad Kenny is goona try and ride his new unscratched ktm through there... Phhht pht. 

The photos didnt quite capture the severity of the steep section.

Got anymore?  Youve peaked my curiosity. 

22 hours ago, 350thumper said:

Steep and rocky terrain. 

Julian for gas . 

75% dirt

small bike. 

5a849eb75148b_Screenshot_20180213-2032073.thumb.png.803dd632b4cd960e2ce796e1c11b167c.png

I would like to go Sunday. I live in Borrego. Where would I meet up? What time? I'll be gassed up full from home. My 450exc will get around 125 miles on a tank... pucker factor after that. 

23 hours ago, 350thumper said:

Steep and rocky terrain. 

Julian for gas . 

75% dirt

small bike. 

I could meet at the top of the blue skull on your map, near Scissors Crossing?

1 hour ago, Spyder said:

Do you mean familiar?

Not at all. I ain't that old, but old enough to recognize it's potential age. Actually think the car was 50s to early 60s

57 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

And  to think Fireroad Kenny is goona try and ride his new unscratched ktm through there... Phhht pht. 

The photos didnt quite capture the severity of the steep section.

Got anymore?  Youve peaked my curiosity. 

Pics often never do show true steepness. 

Ther rest of the pics I have don't really tell you more. I only took a few. The drop was hard on the knees. 

Message me for more info.

SOCALMULE- hey was up . it would be great to meet up how about at butterfield  store  , or banner store parking lot.

34 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

SOCALMULE- hey was up . it would be great to meet up how about at butterfield  store  , or banner store parking lot.

Butterfield store would work great! Let me know when. This ride sounds really fun!

38 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

On second thought...If we meet at the Banner store we would be able to drop down the back side of Banner into Oriflamme Canyon? 

On 2/14/2018 at 12:43 PM, 350thumper said:

Steep and rocky terrain. 

Julian for gas . 

75% dirt

small bike. 

What time you leaving your place?

Sunday? Butterfield would be nice, oriflame to banner toll single-track to Julian to sunrise down Salt Creek to butterfield?

Rory,  leave my place around 8-830, be down  at Butterfield 930-ish  find SOCALMULE and hit sum single track to Julian  like V-dog was sayin.

Then go ballistic(ride safely) after fueling up on the way back down to the dez flor....sunday.

I've got a rider or two that are hanging for the weekend, we're camped off s22 Jeep training area. If they will slab it to Butterfield or start riding early the backwards route through the drop, we will hook up with you for Sunday. 

17 hours ago, Logroller said:

Not at all. I ain't that old, but old enough to recognize it's potential age. Actually think the car was 50s to early 60s

I was trying to pull Bikeslut out on this. It should look familiar to him as it does to me. Although he may have had an aerial view of the trail in question... I can't find the pics, so it never really happened.....

Ride report pics please.

Interested in locating that Toll Road from Banner to Julian;  Salt Creek may have to wait for my next incarnation.

Am I correct that the Toll road starts at the Banner horseshoe bend and tops out in the Kentwood Pines neighborhood. 

If so, that is behind a locked gate.

14 hours ago, V-Dog said:

Sunday? Butterfield would be nice, oriflame to banner toll single-track to Julian to sunrise down Salt Creek to butterfield?

What is salt creek ?  Is that the Phantom Trail ?

14 hours ago, 350thumper said:

Rory,  leave my place around 8-830, be down  at Butterfield 930-ish  find SOCALMULE and hit sum single track to Julian  like V-dog was sayin.

Then go ballistic(ride safely) after fueling up on the way back down to the dez flor....sunday.

Okay I will be at Butterfield at 9:30! This sounds fun!