robertaccio

PuertaMX HS series Tecate Single Track Events

Title sponsored by Veys Powersports San Diego---The best game in the SoCal/ Tecate zone for HS/GNCC/XC racing(riding). I consider these events short closed course GNCC type events. Usually end up with no more than 50 miles on the clock, 2-3 hours doing multi loops of the closed (safe) course. Courses have traditionally been just under 10 miles in length (7-10). Great environment spectator friendly for your fans/crew, fun Mexico flavor all within 1 hour and way less close to the Tecate border. 3 this spring and the series final in the fall.

PuertaMX2018Schedule.jpg

race location east of tecate off the libre road on the right at top of hill just past Ojai rancho

rancho buena vista map.jpg

more of the course from another rider.kind of picks up from where my cam stopped

round 2 is this Saturday 17Mar2018, very close to border just south of tecate.  for details see puertamx on face kook  or online at www.puertamx.com

I will have my safety glasses ready for this one, report calls for morning rain, race starts not too early so ..hopefully its just moist wet. rain is fine, but does hinder sight picture. I hope for LR to be there again, its a great thing to be in the same class (in theory anyway).

my bike still has dez dirt all over it from the nhha ....but its mechanically ready to go, and it wont be clean for long anyway even if I do wash it. 

puertamx boss posted some snaps of the course--dig that pentagram graffito

IMG-20180314-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20180314-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20180314-WA0010.jpg

perfect day rain at the start but stopped into the race, course was very very very good a little bit of everything.....oh and sad but true only 3 riders in the 55+class. I got a P1 and stayed on the lead lap for 7 laps, rode carefully the rocks were like ice. waiting for official results

PuertaMX Round 2 17MAR2018 on way to 1st 55+ Open. Nothing stopped the TX300 the only thing slowing her down was me and my limitations.

ElChaleRnd2 MAR172018.jpg

Nice job Robert!  Pretty cool pic...  Gitt'n 'er done!

Thanks Chad but, to clarify my position I did stay on the lead lap which is always my goal, but with only 3, 55+ riders my class win is rather hollow. I really hope to see more north and south of the border participation, my main rival at this point is me......and when LR shows up it's him (kicking my butt). this course was excellent and the weather condition was super good. I know too many faster than me 55+ guys, I just wish they would join the party and bring in more competition.

Chase Baja has some fun video from this event on FB

Nicely done very good time Robert. Congrats to ty getting 3rd in novice also

we were happy to have Ty back in the mix.

Round 3 2018 PuertaMX single track series. This one is close to Hacienda Santa Veronica.

PuertaMX14APR2018 round3.jpg

racers and spectators are in for a treat. FMF principles and LR will be there. I have the honor by virtue of being in the old guy to race "with" LR and Danny and hope maybe Don will suit up as well.

Are you doing this one Robert. 

I’m in if I’m not the only gringo. 

CD9DD0C3-774C-4009-9421-9C5E29E80D2A.jpeg

On 3/27/2018 at 9:53 AM, robertaccio said:

Round 3 2018 PuertaMX single track series. This one is close to Hacienda Santa Veronica.

PuertaMX14APR2018 round3.jpg

Me and jacob will be there tomorrow see ya there

cool!! it will not disappoint , my fanboy mind is going nuts thinking that I will racing in the same class.....as Danny and Larry.

the ZR races are dez races mostly so although that promoter is a also a great guy I'm not down with the series.

another brilliant day with great company, thanks to all who came down, sometimes a little dusty, but mostly another great challenging course in "funner" tecate!!

20 minutes ago, robertaccio said:

another brilliant day with great company, thanks to all who came down, sometimes a little dusty, but mostly another great challenging course in "funner" tecate!!

I had a blast, little bummed i didnt push it harder could have improved time alot I think. But came home, safe,  full of tacos and beer im a happy camper. Guys if you wanna ride down there on closed course single track do it I will forsure do full schedule next year