stuckthrottle

Voyager pro

Just now, dstss said:

A little pricey but but has some cool features. 

X2 

Curious what they are using for buddy tracking and what the range is? At almost twice the price of a Garmin Montana it’s a hard sell for me.

Does anyone in SD have the Voyager Pro?  I'd buy you a beer if you'd either 

a ) let me check it out in-person
if not (a )
b ) detach it from the dock, trace around it on a piece of paper.  Put a quarter on the paper and scan it?  I'm trying to get a real-life idea of how large it is.

If you were cool enough to do (b ) and you don't actually use the dock, maybe do the same for the dock with the 4 screw holes?  I'm trying to figure out a custom mount... if I do it at all.

Still considering the regular Voyager as it fits perfectly, I know this.

I ordered the regular one with the orange housing, it showed up yesterday and I kind of don't want to open it because I have having thoughts on the pro as well.  The buddy tracking is not very far, I spoke to a support tech about this and it's 1.5mi line of sight.  So mounts, hills etc will have a drastic reduction in the range.  One thing I like about the pro is the blue tooth but that's a lot of extra money for blue tooth and color.  Maybe its overkill for what I need it for and that's just to follow a line

12 minutes ago, Pokey151 said:

I ordered the regular one with the orange housing, it showed up yesterday and I kind of don't want to open it because I have having thoughts on the pro as well.  The buddy tracking is not very far, I spoke to a support tech about this and it's 1.5mi line of sight.  So mounts, hills etc will have a drastic reduction in the range.  One thing I like about the pro is the blue tooth but that's a lot of extra money for blue tooth and color.  Maybe its overkill for what I need it for and that's just to follow a line

The voyager fits my need well.

my 2018 Husqvarna fe501 comes w a OEM TrailTech that has integrated Indicators for high beam, FI and low gas.  Turn signal is a separate indicator.

I bought a Beta RS bracket for like $40 which has the same mount as the husky bracket .  The Beta comes w a voyager.   I bought the Husky FC450 low fuel and FI indicators.  They will plug right in and mount on the Beta bracket.   Mostly plug and play and looks OEM tucked in tight.

the Pro is more than 2x the price and 2x bigger I am told.  It wouldn’t fit in front of the bar behind the headlight like the Voyager would.   Yeah it adds color.  I don’t care about BT and music.  Buddy tracking is neat.  But I just wanna be able to get where I gotta go...   voyager sound ideal but I would like to see the pro.  At a minimum see the size difference in real life.

i could also just leave my oem computer and get s Garmin.  Wouldn’t look as trick though.

so yeah I know what you mean.

first couple pics r a guy online did as I said.   Last is my oem setup.  

5F6B4138-DC92-4F4F-935A-5D9264940D69.jpeg

B488F9E4-5CFE-4372-B7C8-290442578D7A.jpeg

43E26FBA-07C2-413F-836F-85A83163F5D0.jpeg

Just now, Pokey151 said:

You one looks just like the pro?

I'm not sure I follow you?

I was just saying that I have an 18, this other guy has a 17.  Same bike...   In this video you can see he was able to install the Voyager (non Pro) on my bike completely plug and play and looks beautiful.  

The only difference I would do is I would paint or powder coat the Beta RS bracket black.   

I love this idea, but I WANT the pro!  I just want it to look clean/OEM, but it is 2x the size of the Voyager (non pro), so I dont see it happening :(

6 hours ago, Agro said:

I'm not sure I follow you?

I was just saying that I have an 18, this other guy has a 17.  Same bike...   In this video you can see he was able to install the Voyager (non Pro) on my bike completely plug and play and looks beautiful.  

The only difference I would do is I would paint or powder coat the Beta RS bracket black.   

I love this idea, but I WANT the pro!  I just want it to look clean/OEM, but it is 2x the size of the Voyager (non pro), so I dont see it happening :(

wow I wrote that and I have no idea what that was lol  fat finger my phone. 

The last pic looks like a voyager pro? that screen looks better than I though it would

5 minutes ago, Pokey151 said:

wow I wrote that and I have no idea what that was lol  fat finger my phone. 

The last pic looks like a voyager pro? that screen looks better than I though it would

It is a nice display for what it does.  Telemetry data bout the bike is there and looks great.  The GPS data for your trail/track shows fine, but its limited in that the screen is smaller than the Pro, and there is no topographical data.  So you see gray lines (trails) where you may want to go (based on your GPX data you upload, or previous rides you want to repeat) and then black lines where you have gone on this ride.  You wouldnt know there is a lake in on the right, or a bigger mountain coming up, just that the line goes {x} way.  Is that REALLY necessary?  I have no idea since I have never ridden with a GPS before.  I dont do Adventure Riding where I have a huge bike with saddle bags and go on fire roads, but thats it.  I ride steep stuff, desert, etc.   I know there's a mountain there, I just want to know, do I need to turn soon, etc.   But is the Pro really worth it?

I think more so, should I be looking at the Garmin 680t instead?  I dont know....

You should go on youtube and watch the videos that walk you through using both the Pro and the normal Voyager. There's unboxing videos where they walk you through all the menus too.

The Garmin Montana is much more versatile as far as GPS functions go. Lot's of maps available and you can even create your own maps with one of several 3rd party programs + very large track capacity. Maybe things have changed but in the past you're pretty limited on available maps for the Trailtech.  If it were me I'd forego the camera and get the 610 or the 610T.