Got it worked out with some help from trophyhunter so we are on! trip is a go.

25 minutes ago, alyeska said:

Got it worked out with some help from trophyhunter so we are on! trip is a go.

Yes... IN!

I was there last March....it snowed very hard in the passes from I-15 heading East towards Moab. We got wet when we rode and the slick-rock area was SLICK! Make sure your are prepared for all weather conditions there. Also, look for a group of 6-7 riders from Colorado while you're there. 1 Husaberg 250, 1 Yamaha 250FX and 4-5 KTMs ;)

It would be nice to have some snow and rain to keep the dust down.

I need to get together with everyone that's going in the next 2 weeks so we can work out camping location and other details. I am in Borrego so I was thinking a meeting in Julian or Ramona, whichever works out best for the group.

Good with either, open on time and date pretty much.

Or, I have zero knowledge of the Moab area, so if options are presented here, willing to vote my preference.

I will post up options this weekend for locations to camp

Everyone going we will be meeting at dennys in Ramona ca at 0900 on this Saturday to discuss trip and plan lodging and route. Options for camping are as follows, Slickrock campground $58 a night for 40ft pull through full hookup, I have stayed here and it is very rustic, Moab valley resort $63 full hookup very nice and very clean I have stayed here but spaces are tight, Archview resort, this place is north of town and it will be a commute to get into downtown but spaces are big and location is remote I have stayed here, $51.50 a night, Moab rim rv park $44 a night I have not stayed here but it looks nice, it is out of town and will be a commute into downtown moab.  If you cannot make meeting let me know, we need to know how many rvs are going so we can book the spaces next to each other, also we need to know how many bike  spaces are needed in each rig, I have one extra space since my riding partner was injured this weekend and is not going. We will need to make reservations on Saturday. If you are staying in my toyhauler you will only be responsible for the extra person charge above myself and your food and beverage, I will cover the rest since Im going anyway.

We will be staying in tuba city at the quality inn rv park Friday night (488miles) then we get into moab fairly early on Saturday. Not going to set the world on fire getting there, stopping here will leave about 300 miles on Saturday.

All bikes will need to be plated, white rim trail is over 100 miles of rock, silt, and mud (weather decides) be prepared for no fuel or services and have ability to carry plenty of water, this will be the longest trail we do and plan on doing some shorter routes before we take this on, we will have support from a friend who has a local motorcycle business if needed.

White Rim Road - Canyonlands National Park (U.S. National Park Service).url

I'd prefer Moab Rim Campark.  I'd like to get a cabin due to my messed up sleep patterns and the available one they have is reasonable -#54. Even moreso if 2 go in on it. Around $80 per night total. They also have a pull through spot - #15 - which is just across from the cabin which can be locked down if reserved at the same time. 

I looked around and things are filling up quickly - especially any cabin rentals.

2 hours ago, TrophyHunter said:

I'd prefer Moab Rim Campark.  I'd like to get a cabin due to my messed up sleep patterns and the available one they have is reasonable -#54. Even moreso if 2 go in on it. Around $80 per night total. They also have a pull through spot - #15 - which is just across from the cabin which can be locked down if reserved at the same time. 

I looked around and things are filling up quickly - especially any cabin rentals.

Here's the link I used last year for our event if it helps:  http://www.moab-utah.com/moabrim/

2 hours ago, simicrintz said:

Here's the link I used last year for our event if it helps:  http://www.moab-utah.com/moabrim/

Thx Bruce. Yup- that's the one. Very nice to deal with on the phone and willing to shuffle existing "reserved" spots as long as those coming in aren't specific to their wishes.

If I remember (I am getting old!) I spoke to Reed to make the reservation.  Checked in with a lady when we arrived.  Everyone was very nice and the park was well behaved, even though there was probably 60-70 of our group there and some are a bit more boisterous than others (our event was a 50th anniversary get together for a particular Jeep and we had people from the east coast to the west coast-and some Canadians-attending).  Bottom line: nice park and nice folks, which made for a great trip.  Super jealous I can't make this with you guys!!

I don't think we need to get together on Saturday it looks like moab rim will work, I am going to go ahead and book my space for mar 17 to 21. I will leave my place in Borrego around 8 am on the 16th so if your bike needs a ride be here around 730 so we can load it up. I have one seat in the front of my truck.

This ride is CANCELLED, I have gotten down to only one participant due to concerns about the weather so I have decided to cancel as a group ride.

Alyeska, what shorter routes were you going to do?  I ended up going as it wasn't that far out of my route home.   

try onion creek, Gemini bridges, metal masher.

I will be spending a good chunk of may in moab if you head back.