Im trying to soften up the new ktm so Im thinking a moab trip is in order.  I will be taking a toyhauler capable of hauling 6 bikes (with truck bed) and I only have 2 of us going so we have room for 4 more bikes. I am open to dates in March whatever works best for the group since I don't have anything planned for march, I have a friend in moab who owns a long standing motorcycle business so we will have some support for repairs etc if needed.  trails will be onion creek, white rim, and a few others, would like to leave on a Friday morning and return home on a Monday so my buddy only misses 2 days of work.  I will have lodging for up to 6 persons (buy your own evening booze) in the toybox which will keep expenses pretty low, just take care of yourself or we can do group meals and split it. If interested shoot me a pm with your dates and we will try to make it happen, All riding will be exploring and we are not going to set the trail on fire, bikes must be plated with insurance and some park fees may be required but the ride is free to moab.

moab_bike_fix_march_2017_033.JPG

Following. Had those areas on the bucket list, and with a follow on trip to Dad's in SLC after, well.....

5 minutes ago, TrophyHunter said:

Following.

White Rim remains the finest single day of off-road riding I've ever had. I can't go, but I encourage you to do so.

Sucks the breath right out of your lungs.

I could possibly do another trip in March. I’m committed the weekend of the 17th and 18th but could do any other dates.

CiD

I’m interested. Can work around your buddies dates. 

I think Ill wait to get more input with peoples available dates then we can make a decision, also we could extend to longer than Monday, maybe stay till wed. Cant wait to get back to moab its been 6 mos since Ive been.

Well, if the invite is still available, and you have the room let me know.

I was there last April for a week; awesome place!  Definitely worth going if you can pull this off (I cannot and am very jealous!).

Wow, I've always wanted to go to Moab.  I'm riding in Texas on March 10th and I'm open otherwise.  Plated and insured.   I'd like to do a video.  A group of guys having fun and riding safely in an awesome place sounds like good material for video project.

Its good riding there, I have go pro video ot the white rim on KLRS what a beast for that trail!

Dates are firmed up, leave march 16 return return march 21. The only problem I have is that I only have 3 seats in the front of my truck if more than 3 go we will need a vehicle for passengers, I could always throw a seat and belts in the bed but it would be cold!

Please get with me on a firm yes so I can plan on sleeping space in toybox, we will be full hookup so shower and bath are not a problem, just bring your cooler cuz my fridge isn't that big, I usually do my grocery shopping when I get there.

I'll be cking my calendar and the one I usually don't know about. I'll be going further N after if I go, so hauling my own bike, etc. I have the truck set up for camping, but facilities would be nice. Letcha know as soon as I get the "other" calendar checked.

I'll drive my 04 150 crew cab and drag my tiny toy hauler that only has two bunks.    Could take at least two riders and gear.  

Everyone that is in we can come to a consensus on campground in town or up on the hill, I know there are other spots but I usually stay at slickrock or the rv park about 3 miles north of moab, that park has great trail access but its a ways to stagger back to camp from town!

Links to the options? Full hookups for you would be good. On site facilities are always helpful. 

Not much of a drinker, so "stumble distance" isn't on my checklist. "Designated Driver" could be.  :)

I decided to rent a diesel truck from Miramar truck for the trip, my old ford would make it but its slow, plus the truck I rent will have a crew cab for more room. I have not found much in the way of open camping for a large rig so rv park is probably how its going to go. I know of a few who have a pub right in front of them and that's always a bonus!

Don't know where you guys want to stay, but this is where our group (over 100 vehicles and more people) was for the most part.  Close to Old Spanish Trail Arena and served as a great meeting and starting point for us (lots of various excursions and skill levels and all left from here).  Had 50 AMP service and accommodated overall length (tow vehicle and trailer) of 60+'.  Super folks and very happy to have us "dirt people" stay with them. 

PS:  I copied and pasted from our event; not sure if the rates are the same....

Moab Rim RV Campark & Cabins

This Campground has Cabins, Cottages, RV sites and Tent Camping.

CABINS:

1. Camping Cabins w/ Queen & Bunk beds, Table & Chairs, Heat & A.C. - $59 + tax (2 pers.)
  2. Deluxe Cabins w/ Queen & Bunk beds, Bath & Kitchenette, Deck & Grass Area, cable TV - $79 + tax (2 pers.)
  3. NEW Deluxe Cabins w/ Queen & Bunk beds, full bath and kitchenette, cable TV, private patio - $89 + tax (2 persons)
  4. Park Model Cottage w/ 2 Queen Beds (separate rooms), Full Bath & Kitchen, Cable TV & Private Patio - $125+ tax (2 pers.)
  • All cabins are provided with mattress covers, but no bedding or towels.
  • $5 extra charge each for more than two persons.
  • Pets permitted in designated cabins only with advance notice. $20 per pet cleaning fee per stay, 2 pet maximum.
  • One week minimum cancellation notice for cabins

RV SITES:

1.   Full Hookup Pull-thru sites w/ 50A and 30A Power, Cable TV & WiFi - $39 + tax (2 pers.)

2.   50A & 30A power & water only - $34 + tax (2 pers.)

Stay a week and get the 7th night FREE!

CAMPSITES:

1.   Spacious Grass Tent sites w/ Picnic Tables & Grills - $25 + tax (2 pers.) (Extra charge for tent sites with power)

2.   Great Group Campsites w/ Shelter, Campfire Pit & Grass Tent sites - $9/person (8 pers. min.)

Rates are for each night - Extra person charge $5.00 - kids 5 and under stay free.
$10 fee per pet per stay in tent sites.
Two pet maximum..

Reservation Policy:
First night's rent in advance by MC, Visa or check. RV and tent sites require a minimum 48 hours cancellation notice and one week for cabins. There is a $10 service charge for all cancelled reservations. When making reservations, it is advisable to see if you are coming during one of Moab's events weeks.

Please note: Holiday and special event reservations require a 50% non-refundable deposit. Posted rates may increase 10% during peak months and special events.

www.moab-utah.com/moabrim

1 435-259-5002 or 1-888-599-MOAB