CVRick

Jump starter

Does anyone have A small jump starter that you carry with you on rides.? I have one for my car but it is too big / heavy. I am looking to purchase A smaller one .   Thanks.

CV, I carry the Pod x1 on occasion.  When I rode remote and solo on a drz (no kick start), I worried about being down in a ravine (or soft sand) without a bump start option, so I carried it more in those times. However, although I haven't used it on my machines, I have used it many times for my friends and others, mostly at gas stations jumping machines for others when their dead battery at the gas pump has them looking for answers.  I regularly get the funniest strange looks when I pull out a mobile phone looking device as the solution, as they say, "Yea, right", until I easily jump their big fully dressed harley, or their Ford f250, or any other vehicle.  If you get the multi charger, it has been a great help to quickly charge a dead mobile phone out on the trails as well (especially if you are out in borrego and forgot to put phone on airplane mode, as it can be charging in your bag as you ride , maybe not recommended ). Many others may add on other devices to this post to answer your question, and if it is a positive review, all should be great, as the tech has greatly improved over recent years.  It is worth having at least one amongst a group ride, and likely a good idea when solo, not only for bike battery, but phone in emergencies, and other navigation/communication devices.  cheers. 

10 minutes ago, MacDuncan said:

CV, I carry the Pod x1 on occasion.  When I rode remote and solo on a drz (no kick start), I worried about being down in a ravine (or soft sand) without a bump start option, so I carried it more in those times. However, although I haven't used it on my machines, I have used it many times for my friends and others, mostly at gas stations jumping machines for others when their dead battery at the gas pump has them looking for answers.  I regularly get the funniest strange looks when I pull out a mobile phone looking device as the solution, as they say, "Yea, right", until I easily jump their big fully dressed harley, or their Ford f250, or any other vehicle.  If you get the multi charger, it has been a great help to quickly charge a dead mobile phone out on the trails as well (especially if you are out in borrego and forgot to put phone on airplane mode, as it can be charging in your bag as you ride , maybe not recommended ). Many others may add on other devices to this post to answer your question, and if it is a positive review, all should be great, as the tech has greatly improved over recent years.  It is worth having at least one amongst a group ride, and likely a good idea when solo, not only for bike battery, but phone in emergencies, and other navigation/communication devices.  cheers. 

Nice unit. Thinner than the Costco one. Still the battery clips are huge like they are on all these. Overkill for a bike. I guess you could cut them off and put smaller ones on if you wanted to make it a bit more compact.

I carried one on the 950se. The seat removed with just a lever. If I had a bike like the 990 Adventure I’d probably hard wire a cable

that would plug into the jump battery. 

CiD

I have the Costco one, only used it to charge my phone. It has two different usb outputs of different amps ( 2.1 & 1.2? ) and a flashlight. I think the flashlight does SOS? 

I have costco one works great, last month at mccain way way out there two guys were stuck ktm350 no kicker needed jump left aftermarket light on while taking a break, 2nd guy pulls out super thin like 16gauge speaker wire hooked batteries together and 1st bike fired right up i swore wire should have melted in his hands

Antigravity XP3 started my mini Winnie and I use in tent to charge my stuff and run lights all night but I paid $175 when I bought it 2 years ago and its still going strong.

Thank for all the input. The Antigravity products look like A good choice.

Batt%20Jumper-M.jpg

Two Battery Tender jumpers.   If you use this, be aware the coupling switches the polarity.  I.E. Red becomes Black at other end.  No fusing in this so be certain to connect Positive to Positive; Negative on strong batt post and Negative at weak batt on frame. Not too heavy but takes some space.