simicrintz

Alpinestars boot replacement parts source?

Day trip to OW yesterday and snapped a few latches on my Tech 6 boots (as well as flat front tire!).  They pop right off so I know they can be replaced but am unable to find a source.  Any help?

Thank you!

Thank you, Paul; I'll head over that way and see what I can find.  Thank you again!!

Sent an email to Motoworld and Alpinestars last night :)   Hoping to get some good news back soon; thank you!!

Sent an email to Motoworld and Alpinestars last night :)   Hoping to get some good news back soon; thank you!!

Looking like these straps are no longer available and no one has any old stock left.  Alpinestars thinks these are M3/M4 boots (I'm verifying with them, as those boots were made over 20 years ago and I picked these up in 03/04 from ECC in Escondido and don't think they were selling 5+ year old boots at the time).  Nonetheless Alpinestars has suggested finding a good cobbler to make straps at this point (if they can give me a part number I still wanna try to find the originals somewhere); anybody have any cobbler referrals?

Thanks guys.  I love these boots (best pair I have owned) and really would prefer not to retire them.

Search eBay for old boots to rob from

i agree tech 6 is like wearing tennis shoes very comfortable

I have 2 pairs ...

Thanks, Kyle.  Still looking (and eBay is one of the spots) but no luck so far.  I gotta get after this as I have a Big Bear ride on the books for next month and need my boots!

Maybe post a pic here of what you need? Some of us might have it lying around. 

Thank you, guys; much appreciated!

I will try and attach a few pics.  It looks like these are actually M3/M4 boots (although the date stamp in the boot shows them as built in 2003).  Nonetheless they have been great boots and are very comfortable and my favorites.  I really would like to find a way to keep them.

Thank you guys again; I really do appreciate the help!

1%3ejCROQPO2CWvoXZWHsQ.jpg

eB8nrEmhTSW3wZMbEft30A.jpg

uWVP2JK%QWutRzBQpdxkOQ.jpg

I had those boots too. They too were my favorites of anything I've owned. Once I wore through the soles I extended their life by filling the hole with Shoe Goo.  After a few repairs I stopped wearing them and put them on a shelf. I tossed them about a year ago but saved the straps. I came across the straps over the weekend and doubt I'll never use them. If you want them they're yours. Send me pm and I'll send you my address.

Just now, PastaPilot said:

I had those boots too. They too were my favorites of anything I've owned. Once I wore through the soles I extended their life by filling the hole with Shoe Goo.  After a few repairs I stopped wearing them and put them on a shelf. I tossed them about a year ago but saved the straps. I came across the straps over the weekend and doubt I'll never use them. If you want them they're yours. Send me pm and I'll send you my address.

^^^^^WINNER ^^^^^^

7 hours ago, PastaPilot said:

I think I might still have your number from trying to help you with your siding on your house, PP!  If I do I will text you; very cool; thank you for looking!

Paul-Thank you for suggesting this!!!  I will be one happy camper if I can get these boots back!

On 3/14/2018 at 9:43 AM, PastaPilot said:

So it looks like Jon (Pasta Pilot) does not have the pieces I need-bummer!  Any chance someone else does?

In Italiano,  stella alpina,  alpine star,  or auf Deutsch edelweiss

1280px-Alpen_Edelweiß,_Leontopodium_alpinum_2.jpg

You know the story of who brought Alpinestars into the USA many years ago ?

John Penton...great story.

7 hours ago, robertaccio said:

now back to questions at hand... refocus.

here try this.

https://alpinestars.com/contact/ 

800 409 0903      0800-1800 PDT

I've already tried that with no love, Robert :( .  Boots built in 2003; guess I can't really expect too much....

Cool looking flower!!

7 hours ago, KTMrad said:

You know the story of who brought Alpinestars into the USA many years ago ?

John Penton...great story.

Guess I'm Googling John Penton next!

32 minutes ago, simicrintz said:

Guess I'm Googling John Penton next!

You need to watch The John Penton Story.....fantastic history of KTM and Penton motorcycles.....Alpinestar Boots, and more.

Just now, simicrintz said:

Think I found something-is this it:   http://pentonmovie.com/

Yes...don't know if u can buy a DVD or rent it....movie made the rounds in 2014.

Penton family as a whole have had a big influence on enduro racing here in the US and at the ISDT (ISDE), in Jr. high my friend had a Penton 125 (green in color).  I still have not seen that movie dang it.