Sign in to follow this  
Fargoin

MTB race at Corral 3/24 3/25

Check this out.  MTB race at Corral Canyon in March.  Including Ranger..

http://www.quickndirtymtb.com/sagebrush_safari.html

I'm a mountain biker and I'm not sure how I feel about it...But it would be a "real" MTB race which SD is severely lacking in.  Either way there may be some MTBers preriding out there soon, so keep an eye out.

My son did this ride years ago when they were still doing it. Said he was sorry he didn't push harder on that initial climb because he said it was hard to pass once they got on the tighter trails.

The races will be approx 8-noon Sat and Sun Mar 24/25.

Saturday will be the cross country race. Starts opposite the Navy camp on North side of Lake Morena. Uses the pavement all the way to top of Los Pinos (the fire tower). Then descends Spur Meadow.

A volunteer, likely me, will be at the bottom of Spur requesting that moto's do not ascend the trail until the last cyclist is down. This is a common courtesy type of thing. The trails are not closed and we should all expect two way traffic 52 weeks a year.

The cyclists will then climb the pavement to 4 corners and ride Wrangler over to Skye Valley Road and Bronco Flats. They'll climb Ranger and descend Gunslinger. Similar to a marshall at bottom of Spur Meadow we'll station someone to again request that folks refrain from ascending Gunslinger until the (now completely brain dead) cyclists are down.

The cyclists will then ride back to 4 corners on the road, descend Kernan and ride pavement back to the Lake.

On Sunday we'll run a downhill On Kernan. Riders leaving at 1 minute intervals.

Thinking about it . . . I feel it is quite likely that some moto's could arrive at base of Kernan during the time the downhill is running. I'll take it as an action item to discuss within our team how we can do a hold on the course to allow a group of motos to access 4 corners. I don't see it as an issue in the cross country race. In the downhill it's a bit of a different animal - riders (some anyway) have mutated adrenal glands the size of beach balls. Those displace the common sense center of the brain . . . Someone has to look out for them.

Wow that sounds insane no thank you ill keep to my moto