bikeslut

Alpine Carb Guy

Not sure if this is the right forum, but wanted to shout out to Allan Fox in Alpine. My often neglected and sometimes airlifted DRZ sat... for a long time. I had replaced the suck carb with the FCR, and jetted it per recommendations, but it never quite worked great.

I called him up, and he said he would take a look. Since he was 1 mile from my house, and it was already loaded from the Otay non-ride, I ran it up there. He had it back in two days, and I told him I would report to the group if it worked... it was great! I've taken it to Lark twice now, and other than being a little cold-blooded, it runs VERY well, especially for a DRZ. I just order a short throw choke pull from TT, so assuming I can install that without calling in the big guns, the cold-blooded issue should be lessened too. (current tank interferes with the choke)

Talked with Allan at length, and he was very knowledgeable about motors, and carbs (even moreso than me)...He told me to take it for a run, and call him back if it needed adjustment, but it is great. He doesn't always have time to work on the number of bikes in his garage, and he acknowledged that he may not always be able to get bikes back on a timeline you would want. But two days works for me...He pulled the stem on the tire doing the road test, so he swapped that out for me before he returned it.

If you need engine or carb work, consider him

Allan Fox 619-981-3263

What I like about Alan is he looks at the whole bike not just the problem you bring it in for. He is very good at catching stuff that I had not noticed, sounds like upsell but I have been thankful everytime.