Bp619

Monday 22nd otay beer sunset ride????

1 hour ago, Bp619 said:

I should be entering pio pico by 420ish, if la mesa building dept doesnt delay meeting so might be out if runs long. See ya there

Perfect time. 4:20 it is hah!!! See ya guys there.

I hope to be at PP by 4-415 is.  Weird rider, I'll bring your beer unless some work thing comes up.

41 minutes ago, Zubb said:

I hope to be at PP by 4-415 is.  Weird rider, I'll bring your beer unless some work thing comes up.

f874ca9cc68a4b0612900c01cec28b23.jpg.62d7ad6da5820dd4e336cabb41929166.jpg

11 hours ago, Bp619 said:

f874ca9cc68a4b0612900c01cec28b23.jpg.62d7ad6da5820dd4e336cabb41929166.jpg

I need that rack on my GS

2 hours ago, Wierdrider said:

That should be enough ?

Hey, I'm going to be there as well.  Double the order!

Dang, I commuted to work on a bike today at 5:45 am, on what I consider to be a street bike, but the road to the top is pretty smooth, and that's a lot of beer, I think I will try to get there :) 

Sadly I was not able to weld up the rack pictured and attach to my bike.  I am only able to carry enough beer for Weirdrider (past debts) and a few drops to slate my own thirst.

You other yahoos are on your own.  Heading out to Pico now . . . . wonder if I can still find the place.  May have to stop and drink Jim's beer if I get turned around.

1 hour ago, Zubb said:

Sadly I was not able to weld up the rack pictured and attach to my bike.  I am only able to carry enough beer for Weirdrider (past debts) and a few drops to slate my own thirst.

You other yahoos are on your own.  Heading out to Pico now . . . . wonder if I can still find the place.  May have to stop and drink Jim's beer if I get turned around.

Jim just called. He said to tell Kelly to go ahead and drink all the beer because he's not thirsty and doesn't drink beer anymore. 

Nice enough night on the mountain.  Wish you were here.  Not really!  

Image may contain: motorcycle, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature

Thanks Tom for supplying proof of performance. Once again I’ve proved pigs with slicks can go about anywhere. 

3 of us staked out the towers and a small detachment of Two guarded doghouse until sundown. Debriefing at Filippis was only attended by Tom And me. So we gorged. 

A KTM, BMW, Ducati, Suzuki and Husqvarna all made it out tonight.....what an eclectic mix!  

Image may contain: one or more people, sky, outdoor and nature

Thanks for the company fellas, and thanks for the prompt BP.  The group of 5 got separated for a bit, but that didn't deter the the incredible views from ~3500 feet.  The Islands looked to be a stone throw away, the green bottle beverage was a treat on the incredibly quiet peak(s), as I staged at Dog House Junction dirt, bunkers, and towers. A few seconds after the pic shown in the earlier post might have captured the excellent green flash - Nice!  The urban assault ride through town from Linda Vista at 3:30 on the way to Pio Pico was fun, and then the transition to the peaceful ascent was like I was on vacation all of a sudden. It was also fun purposefully playing with the luggage loaded wee-strom's ABS on the way down that marble laden road on my 705's.  Great night ride home as well. Makes today seem like the Monday after a vacation week - haha. Cheers.  

Another great ride up Otay. Sunset was great up there. First time hearing about the green flash, maybe we'll catch it next time. Nice riding up there with ya Zubb. Mac, can't believe the bat signal worked, cool seeing ya roll up after we high beamed ya from the towers. And thanks Tom, coming through in the clutch with the makeshift wire "bracket". Dropping the bike sucked, live and learn. Glad I had a solid group with me to handle the situation. Awesome ride as always, see ya next sunset!!!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Great to meet and ride with you James Brown.  Your beautiful Scrambler, purchased in the best possible color scheme is now properly seasoned and ready for adventures in places it was never intended to go.

Cheers Brother!

PS - per TNTMO's advice, don't wash it.  Ever.  And leave the bailing wire.  It adds character.

On January 24, 2018 at 8:32 AM, Zubb said:

Great to meet and ride with you James Brown.  Your beautiful Scrambler, purchased in the best possible color scheme is now properly seasoned and ready for adventures in places it was never intended to go.

Cheers Brother!

PS - per TNTMO's advice, don't wash it.  Ever.  And leave the bailing wire.  It adds character.

Properly seasoned, exactly right! I'd keep the set up as it was repaired, the bars got bent hard, gotta replace and I'll be back out soon. Hasnt been washed since the ride though, might just keep it that way for a minute!!!