Now in response to my post for you D38 guys.

Is the King of the Dez race on 24FEB2018 part of the 2018 AMA National Hare and Hound series?( I think yes). If yes y'all can expect me to sign up to support the local D38 Nat. (not that it really matters), just FYI.

That's round 2 of the Hare and Hound series.  The first is next weekend in Red Mountain.  I'm planning on doing both.

probably will do this  local one and the 100s MC which has been on my schedule almost every year. We are doing a hare scramble in Tecate on the 27th so nogo with the 1st H&H

Hope to see you at the Superstition Hare and Hound 24th of Feb.

Your welcome to pit with us Robert or anyone else.

Full Throttle MC always has someone it the pits to pour gas for us.

Yes Ken, Its on my agenda, gotta give John Kearney a run against his TC(TX)125 Husky in 50A, hope to see #1 plate George there as well. To catch up with all of you at the local H&H, plan is to do this one and as always the 100s MC Nat. 2 are enough for my tired old arse!!! Besides I like the slow stuff better....I know the final sections will be that way.

I did the 2018 Desert M/C AMA National Hare and Hound (Round 1)   I got got 7th out of 16 in the novice Super Senior class.   I'm happy with that or at least I'm mostly happy with that.  Looking at the numbers, if I had just gone walking speed faster overall, I would have been a contender in this race.  And I missed 6th place by 10 seconds.    While working on the video, it is clear that I need to get a better start and work harder on the faster parts.     Anyway, it was a good race in an area that I have not ridden in before.  Good stuff.

Comments on the video requested

DMC has traditionally been one of the toughest H&Hs. They said they lightened the load a little bit this year. Just keep plugging along and moving forward that is the first step to success. Don't get stuck locked behind other guys that's always a good one as well. Keep the head up and always looking for the best lines or alt lines when things get blocked up. If you cant make something pause with grace and safe to the low side. stopping and thinking for a second is better than looping and fighting the bike to get sorted. My biggest weakness in these events is my unwillingness to haul high speed where you can haul high speed like the real dez guys do. see you at the local superstition event. You have some brilliant passes, descents and climbs, good show.

These are my kind of race.Good mix of technical and 90 plus lake bed and washes 

Just now, Ken S said:

These are my kind of race.Good mix of technical and 90 plus lake bed and washes 

Ken I will watch you pass anything over 50mph. I will go to work in the ugly stuff.

1 hour ago, robertaccio said:

Ken I will watch you pass anything over 50mph. I will go to work in the ugly stuff.

And still kick my ass. 

Looking for the 105-110 range on the new bike with the 6 speed. 

Yeah, I'd much rather things go south in the ugly stuff then while I'm pretending to be KenS.  But I'm getting my machine re-sprung with the help of SteveG at C&D.  So, I hope with some practice I can pick up a few MPH and still stay in my comfort zone. 

Ken ,

You may be a little on the high side with your speed calc. but heck that's what GPS is for.

The gearing commander program has it at 93 mph at 7500 RPM in 6th gear. with OEM 14/45 final drive.

www.gearingcommander.com

Change sprockets once I get it turned up to the way it’s supossed to run. 

We get some lake bed runs in D-38 that are scary fast.