Bagstr

We Spoke, the Desert Listened Jan 2017

P1010876_1000w-L.jpg

CID, Bushwacker, FakeBowers, Steve, HMberg and The Governor behind the camera.  Hit the Sweet Spot Today.

P1010848_-1000w-L.jpg

Truly amazing the quality of people a guy can talk into showing up in the wilderness at 0800. Competent reliable riders that can take care of themselves And their buddies when needed.  

Fabulous Conditions; Blue sky, Moist but not muddy ground, little wind in the morning. As the day built, you could see the flora coming to life. Creosote, cholla, ocotillo all showing the first hours of exploding into color and growth. The life of the environment infected the bipeds on the scene and we set off northbound.

Arroyo Seco del Diablo Drop, Fish Creek downstream to Paul's Most Fabulous Wash ( aka Loop Wash ), upstream to Olla Wash and the Mud Palisades. Winter shadows over the folds of the razor ridges and vertical comped lines of the palisades in the crisp morning - fabulous. Bagstr talked a few riders into dismounting and hiking up the sandstone ridge of our out of sight campsite. Some of us shared our thoughts with the panorama. The landscape shared it's wisdom. Some just made suggestive jokes about the shape of random sandstone pieces littering the surface like so many wasted thoughts. Thanks gents for taking time to walk the steps of time.

Back on the trail, we rode up the ever popular Sandstone canyon which never ceases to amaze. Went until two track dissolved into rocks.  CID and The Governor pulled over for a quiet moment while the other four bounced upstream to play in the rock piles. Moments of quiet are good.  Off again south and up the SAND hill of Diablo Drop. Like I said, good to be out with guys that can take the challenges in stride. The moist sand in the corners and echoes off the canyons made for a highlight of the day surfing south in Diablo Canyon.  Some of these clowns brought their " track " tanks so we stopped briefly at the trucks for fuel.  Some were inattentive as the six rolled out to the pavement for a few minutes of Motard up Sweeny Pass and south to Mortero Road.  Crossed the tracks on the way to Dos Cabezas where we should have listened more closely to the Bobble Heads of wisdom up on the mountainside..  

Heading east and north again the gang had a grand playtime in the sand hill at the RR Horseshoe Bend.  What a bunch of kids! Laughs and stunts, full measure. The spell was broken alas as the kids realized " Hey, I'm almost outta gas."  To the pavement my friends!  We should have chose Mortero W to have a better chance of avoiding fuel transfers on the highway.  Hey, I didn't mind watching a guy push his bike in the sandy road the last 200 yards.   

All in the Spirit of the Desert.   Thanks Gentlemen,     The Governor

Amgems,   

That shot is of the top of a Rock Pile halfway up Sandstone.  I hadn't been up that for about a year and there were definitely big changes i.e. rock obstacle gone, new piles making new challenges.  The view is the clean side of a rock climb. One of the other shots is CID just bouncing out of the mess.

Looks like a good ride, and just enough rain to keep the dust down and increase traction :D

We had a very interesting conversation about you guys up here.......

Filled with rancorous and spiritual achievement all in the same breath.

Thanks for keeping your voices down 

Looked amazing

IMG_0031.jpg

:o      There was that creepy feeling of being watched when we stopped to take in the view,,,,Now I know who it was!

We missed your spiritual contributions - Not to mention Performance Art.   Enjoy the City

P.S.   I only yelled once.  Considering the subject, an exhibit of self control.