Sign in to follow this  
Oracle

Anyone else commute on their bike today??

I left Ramona for work this morning around 6 am on my BMW 1200RT. I hit some of the worst rain and wind of my riding career (35+ years). Then things mellowed out for most of the day and I was able to dry out a bit. Until I left for home around 4pm...then the second wave hit. Coming south on the 15 this evening was quite exciting. Heavy rain, strong wind gusts, and cars on the side of the road after hydroplaning off the side of the highway....and there I was, on my Beemer, praying I'd make it home alive...and loving every minute of it

Anyone else ride to work today???

Impressive i commuted for 3 year to poway and dont miss the bad rains, crazy cold or winds

Congratulations on survival.  

Walked to "work" today.   Drove to Trader Joe's for food. Loaded bike for Dez. 

No casualties. 

On the way to the airport this morning I kind wished I was on a bike due to traffic. The daughter and the 47 lb suitcase may have presented a problem though. Reminded me of riding to high school everyday when I had no car but my Honda 305 Dreammachine  started and ran rain or shine. 

Kudos for making it thru the rain.

:)

3 hours ago, Oracle said:

I left Ramona for work this morning around 6 am on my BMW 1200RT. I hit some of the worst rain and wind of my riding career (35+ years). Then things mellowed out for most of the day and I was able to dry out a bit. Until I left for home around 4pm...then the second wave hit. Coming south on the 15 this evening was quite exciting. Heavy rain, strong wind gusts, and cars on the side of the road after hydroplaning off the side of the highway....and there I was, on my Beemer, praying I'd make it home alive...and loving every minute of it

The RT will punch right through that stuff!!!

13 hours ago, Oracle said:

LB - You could ride through a Hurricane, Tornado, Monsoon or even a Haboob in the deserts of the middle east!

One of the few days per year I had to drive due to hauling my booth miscellaneous for an event.  Gawd the traffic was awful and I'd have much rather been happily splitting all the way to Carlsbad and back.  It's easy enough to dress for rain. Glad to hear you carried the flag for us yesterday.

I didn't ride my bike yesterday........but I commuted in the rain almost every day on a 1977 GT550 ~35yrs ago when I was in college (Oregon State University) :crazy:

Now I only ride on sunny/warm/dry days.......unless I'm out on a road trip :dirol:

I chickened out, it's all good till visibility goes to poop then you slow down and nobody else does. Glad nobody ran you over

2 hours ago, 97xr400r said:

I chickened out, it's all good till visibility goes to poop then you slow down and nobody else does. Glad nobody ran you over

Yeah, I actually rode in the right track of the far right lane on the way home. I wanted to make sure I could ditch off the side of the freeway if I had to. Usually I'm in the left track of the fast lane making friends.... :-)