Sign in to follow this  
danrider

Who Would Like To Cross This Off Their Bucket List

On the 18th of January at 6:00 I will be at Stone Brew in Escondido to discuss another trip to Alaska.  This time around I would like to put in a side step into it to Bella Coola on the way home.  This would be a option for those who would like to do Alaska but are on a timeline, you  could bail the and head home outside of Jasper on the way home.  I have talked with JAJA and he and I will be working out the details to do as little of freeway driving as possible, back country roads as much as possible.  This trip will consist of no reservations and as much camping as possible.  You can keep the cost of this epic ride down to where every guy  who has ever wanted to do this ride very affordable.  When I did it with Diego we had a blast for under $3,000.00.  If you are married I will make time so you can fly your wife in to visit you for the trip. I do understand if you are a working man the time it takes to do this trip, that is why I am doing Bella Coola at the end so those who have a dream of doing an epic ride other than the BDR's you can join.  That part at the end will be two weeks. 

If you are interested in doing this or just part of it please attend, I am hoping we can get some interest ,  We will discuss departure dates at that time.  

IMG_4313.jpg

IMG_4334.JPG

IMG_4190.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_4131.jpg

Canada Alaska MC ride July2014 (258).jpg

IMG_4539.jpg

Canada Alaska MC ride July2014 (278).jpg

IMG_4477.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

"In" for the planning.

Hopefully "In" for the trip.  I still have to work for a living, so we'll see.

I will be there, ive done this twice solo it might be nice to have company but only if we stop at chicken!

stuck_vehicles_hwyn_78_property_262.JPG

stuck_vehicles_hwyn_78_property_055.JPG

stuck_vehicles_hwyn_78_property_111.JPG

stuck_vehicles_hwyn_78_property_154.JPG

I am interested, my daughter lives near Anchorage so I have an excuse for the trip.

Would love to do this with you Dan. But I'm still a couple of years from being able and having the right bike for it. 

Estimated number of days on the road??

15 minutes ago, Oracle said:

Estimated number of days on the road??

Before I answer this question I will need to see who all wants in and what time constraints I am working with.  I know a minimum will be three weeks.  But that does not mean you cannot do Bella Coola which will be 60%dirt. 

3 hours ago, dstss said:

Would love to do this with you Dan. But I'm still a couple of years from being able and having the right bike for it. 

You can use one of mine.

5 hours ago, alyeska said:

I will be there, ive done this twice solo it might be nice to have company but only if we stop at chicken!

stuck_vehicles_hwyn_78_property_262.JPG

stuck_vehicles_hwyn_78_property_055.JPG

stuck_vehicles_hwyn_78_property_111.JPG

stuck_vehicles_hwyn_78_property_154.JPG

defiantly for a beer at least.  Then on to Tok at Thompson Motorcycle park to camp. 

I hope she still has that sauna at thompsons.

1 hour ago, Covered in Dust said:

Dan what bike are you planning on taking? I’ll try and make the meeting.

CiD

1150 GSA BMW,  I had no problem riding on one last time and I think Diego and I did around 2000 miles of dirt.