Bagstr

Speaking Tour - Anza BDSP - Wednesday Jan 10, 2018

Edit:  South Carrizo Wash ( at the Trees )  0800 Wednesday

As I feel an overwhelming need to speak, ( polite society not being receptive ) a tour of overlooks is in order. Each overlook to serve as a forum on the topic on one outburst directed at one individual.  My hope is that this activity may serve as a palliative for my mental suffering.  The concept is to express ( no yelling allowed ) my advice to a few needy individuals; express my thoughts to the horizon and hope for a coping inspiration derived from nature.

You may or not want to join in this therapy,  Please note these will be solitary conversations as opposed to group activities. You are free to have you own private conversation or simply enjoy the view. 

The Governor, sometimes known as Bagstr

P.S.    First choice is Tuesday Jan 9, but the expected rain may delay the date

P10003401000w-L.jpg

Preach on, brother.  I'm not going to make it on Tuesday, but am available for spiritual awakening at a later date.

Can the Governor grant me a work reprieve?  I'm finally able to get weekends off, but now I miss out on weekday rides.

1 hour ago, beniflas said:

Can the Governor grant me a work reprieve?  I'm finally able to get weekends off, but now I miss out on weekday rides.

The Fix is In;  But government will cost you. Good government cost you more.

What, you have already used up your sick days for '18.

"Tuesday is Best ".    Well, we will see about the Great Storm of '18.

16 minutes ago, Bagstr said:

"Tuesday is Best ".    Well, we will see about the Great Storm of '18.

30% chance in the dez on Tuesday. If it does rain on Tuesday then Wednesday should make for an epic ride. Alas I am not available for enlightening next week. Headed east to explore the backcountry of AZ. Will see you gents when I get back at the end of January. Have a fun ride and be safe...

any day next week works for me, been trapped in garage building a manx getting out would be good therapy

20 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

In

Tuesday best.

+1

How bad can it be.....?

CABEA952-7220-4C17-88D7-7D1B07E88150.thumb.jpeg.a1a66abf868ebd2ae57d38b977b0a729.jpeg

You guys are killing me.    http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=SGX&issuedby=SGX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1

My bike is still recovering from last year!    You guys go Tuesday,  I will be Speaking Wednesday.   I will follow your tracks.

.1 - .25 inches of moisture in the Dez   :o

Rain would be nice in Borrego to pack down all the dirt from the holiday weekend, but unless it forecasts 100% it usually never happens.

Wednesday - South Please, Drop to Sandstone for an idea.

Shoot for 0800 Carrizo W. South Trees

I will be bringing my Big Bike

1 hour ago, Covered in Dust said:

I was thinking Wednesday looks better also. What time at Kendall’s or a Southern Route?

Pfft.

I told everybody Wednesday would be better.

Glad you listened to me.

See you at the trees.

6 minutes ago, alyeska said:

Rain would be nice in Borrego to pack down all the dirt from the holiday weekend, but unless it forecasts 100% it usually never happens.

Quite True But;   It is not the Dez floor but the drive down, I see as the challenge.

Bags, I will not make this week gosh darn it (possible rain).   Starting next week I am planning  2 or 3 short notice days off  in the next month or 2 to join the breakfast club or speaking tour rides with your crew. I really miss riding with your groups in the sandbox. 

P10103731000w-L.jpg

i-bft8FJM-L.jpg

i-3KQmp4F-L.jpg

Tools Tubes and Snacks, about 80 miles.   Sand, Rocks, Gravel. 

"He" will not be with us.  No Dogs on the trail please.  Intermediate skills to be comfortable. But hey, happy to watch you try the challenge!  Tents optional. Road to trees ( east from Hwy ) is easy  2WD quarter mile. On the trail about 0830, return 1:00 - 2:00pm.  30 minute Happy Hour on return to trucks. 

Thinking about east from Drop to Loop Wash then reverse west to Olla or Sandstone, Who knows?

1 hour ago, Bagstr said:

0600 Rainfall Totals - More to come

sandiego_24HRprecip.png  

http://www.weather.gov/sgx/        Totals Forecast

Not much out there- small fraction of the coast. Might be good enough, or we'll need to call the water trucks.

26 minutes ago, paulmbowers said:

Not much out there- small fraction of the coast. Might be good enough, or we'll need to call the water trucks.

Not much on the floor but the washes may likely get a lot of runoff from the mountains.

Capture.JPG

didnt pour rain but just enough to get rid of the dust, don't expect too much mud not raining now.