JMBray

One day dual sport Cleghorn Trail and Bluejay

First, let me apologize for not taking pictures. We were having such a good time we totally forgot!

The loop started at my buddies house in Grand Terrace. Both of us ride DRZ400s. We headed out at about 10 am. The freeway took us to Cleghorn Trail which we road to Silverwood Lake and then back. After short snack we took a cut off to the asphalt circling around the North End of Silverwood Lake.

From there we picked up a fire Road near the Northeast Silverwood Lake parking lot. Shortly afterward we ventured off onto single track trails. We were careful to always stay on marked trails that were open to our vehicles. We Road various blue and black difficulty rating trails eventually letting out into a neighborhood near Blue Jay. For the trails that we took, it was definitely a light ADV bike outing.

We stopped at The Malt Shop for a late lunch/early dinner and recuperated a bit. Afterwards we headed down Highway 18 making sure to use the Waterman Canyon cutoff. Since my friend had never been on it I was sure to show him the Haunted Bridge and the source of Arrowhead spring water.

From there it was freeways back to Grand Terrace. All in all a great 120mi and 6 or 7 hours well spent!

He knows that area up there well and said that there were lots of other Trails we could explore if we chose to go back. I can't wait!

Cheers,

Mark

Yes, you guys just barely touched the trails...plenty more east of there.