ADV Bum

Club & 2018 Desert Dash Volunteers meeting

We need to have a meeting.  Club meeting get together, but also need to meet with volunteers for the upcoming Desert Dash. 

Meeting will be at 6:00  Wed Jan 17 -2018

Hamburger Factory Family Restaurant

14122 Midland Rd, Poway, CA 92064

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hamburger+Factory+Family+Restaurant/@32.969544,-117.0368701,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x487e873a9f1ae0c4?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiZwJOp_dDYAhVW0mMKHWbTBH8Q_BIIhAEwCg

This is the list of volunteers so far. It would be nice to have the volunteers there so we can go over the Dash and responsibilities Please let me know if you are not going to show, but are still interested in helping.

Carguy

DirtDame

Cosmo

Hacksawpete

Dstss

Bson2or4

Alyeska

Uncle Champ

Karlaeda

JohhnyAirtime

Thanks again

I'm working on building a relationship with Melo/Dave at Poway Powersports.......I was just over there again yesterday........very likely that they'll be another "CORE 4 Kids" sponsor later this month.........I could inquire about them "hosting" a SDAR club meeting for those unfamiliar with this new KTM/Honda shop?.......might show some good will in both directions?........just throwing it out there as food for thought.........

If that's not palatable to SDAR leadership, or if you'd like more time to possibly arrange a future SDAR meeting there, I'd go with Dan's suggestion in the near term...........I'm not familiar with Tomcats but the Mira Mesa area is always a good "central location" for many members.......

I have reached out and met with Mello several times. He has shown no interest in being part of SDAR. I do not wish to keep trying.                                                     Tomcats  is more of an open bar it does not have the meeting space needed.

Bongiavannis Pizza, Flinn Springs, big room, bar, dual sport rider brothers owned from way back. Good place, the best pizza, cold beer.

I can check availability let me know.

The hamburger factory in Poway has a nice large meeting area that can be closed off to the general public, we held  Miata meetings there (when I owned a Miata)

Parking sucks but there is Fillippi's Pizza Grotto in Mira Mesa or Poway, Mira Mesa has a full bar and the back room where they occasionally have parties that we might be able to reserve while the Poway dining room is quartered and we might be able to get a complete section.  I can check in to other places as well.

So I called and talked to The Hamburger Factory. I have reserved the smaller room for Wed Jan 17 at 6:00. Seems they are a popular place for group meetings. There is a large car club that will be in the larger room the same night.

Hamburger Factory- Poway

Wed Jan 17 6;00

I am In.

for the future, (Mainstream In Poway ) is good to.

Officially on the calendar.  Should be there.

I plan on coming to lurk in the corner and witness the shenanigans.       ...and drink some beer.

Must learn more of this mysterious Desert Dash thing.

I cannot make it to the meeting today, you guys can put me on registration on Saturday morning.

I have a conflict and can't make the meeting tonight :(     But, I'd like to be a sweep rider and will carve out time to meet later.   I am willing to do other volunteer work too.  Let me know what is needed.

Pete Molloy

I have a last minute deal, had to help a friend so can't make the meeting.  I am willing to volunteer/help with the Desert Dash in whatever fashion you need me for.  You've got my contact if so desired.