Roasty

Exploring Otay Mountain (#1) Sunday 1/7 – Geared for Noobs & Big Bikes

oops... I missed all this. uh... I posted a different ride... rick, paul, tom are welcome to coerce me to change my mind

Dang Roasty, good job, you've got guys coming out of retirement for this ride :torch:

On 1/3/2018 at 11:31 PM, Roasty said:

It looks like we've got a decent group forming! Here's meet up times and addresses.  

9:00 - 9:10  AM meet up San Diego Gas and Car Wash (950 Eastlake Pkwy, Chula Vista, CA 91914). 
9:20 - 9:30 AM meet up at Pio Pico in front of store (14615 Otay Lakes Rd, Jamul, CA 91935). 

bikeslut, do it for bob, tom, and paul's sake. 
carlos - noobs welcomed! 

Cheers everyone! Looking forward to the ride!

I will meet at the car wash / gas station.Riding from my house. See you tomorrow at 9 am.

Really psyched for the ride. Was hoping I'd have this old DR350 I just purchased up and running for the ride, but wasn't able. I also have a Ducati Scrambler, should be able to tag along with the big bikes for this ride I'm hoping? Figured I get the thumbs up before just showing up. 

2 hours ago, James Brown said:

a Ducati Scrambler, should be able to tag along with the big bikes for this ride I'm hoping? Figured I get the thumbs up before just showing up. 

Probably fine- it will depend on your ability. Certainly those bikes are capable of the ride.

I'm trying to decide between DR650 on D606 knobbies or Husky TE450 with supermoto setup......hmmm?  

51 minutes ago, paulmbowers said:

Probably fine- it will depend on your ability. Certainly those bikes are capable of the ride.

Sounds good. I guess I'll be testing ability tomorrow lol. Thanks for the feedback.

Ill meet at the gas station on Eastlake pkwy little before 9 am. Black jeep grand cherokee with a black KLX on the hitch. Stoked for the ride

Noob moment - - my bike doesn't start. Not prepared da! Have a good ride. 

Good turnout.  17 1/2 riders!
(will repost in photos later)

WO2hxQh4Aaljre9jlDKxEuPQB6zMyHhdxPfijS-L

vjDBcRr6GHFcBeCDyqWeN5Y2qYDwGDnW53p1Rxjh

17 Riders,  That is a lot of people who did not post they were going. Awesome turnout!

Thanks for the excellent ride, guys! And for putting up with this noob.

Glad you made it Carlos??

Check out the write up and photos in 1-3 day write up section 

Thanks everyone for showing up and pitching into this ride! Special thanks to SDAR experienced riders for the guidance. Nice to finally meet you guys.

Great ride Roasty!!! Thanks for putting this together man. Glad I was able to hang, the ride was awesome. Thanks guys, perfect first ride for this noob ??

Thanks for a great ride guys. Not often I get out of my trailer and it was great to do so. I always say, dirt bike riders are the best people I know and this ride was a reflection of that motto. Except maybe one or two of you!

You know who you are :0

2 hours ago, Suspenders said:

Except maybe one or two of you!

You know who you are :0

He means Bob.