MacDuncan

River loop, up the east, down the west

One eye on the weather as I have a couple days off during the week- next week (3/5...).  I have regular riding buds that might join, so I hope to do this loop soon, solo or with others. 1 day ride, no overnight gear on bike (but may car camp before or after). Not sure of start point yet, Likely Lake martinez.  (KOFA could follow on the next day?)

ROUTE:

Lake martinez, up red cloud, to cibola, cross river, to palo verde, through old palo verde road, might go to see radio towers in remote area, then down to Indian Pass, back-way into picacho, a celebratory brew on picnic tables  :) , down picacho road, play a little on side roads, maybe out to "Rock Faces?" then cut across to Ferguson, then back to Senators, Senator's Wash to Hidden shores, to Martinez. Monday morn after overnight in martinez. Could stay Night after ride, even head to other riding locations after loop on following days.  This 60 year old likes to keep moving, but nothing too fast or technical for this newb on a 07 525. Will have- Ham radio and Delorme and GPS. Will have, as all others should too- tools, tubes, cold and hot gear, munchies, water,  (extra Gas?).  cheers. 

That may work just fine for me too. Riding the mountains on a pedal bike today, so the bike with a motor to ride the river may take place monday

Dang, just got home and saw this.

Great plan! Hope you are having a good time.

Just got back from some truck camping with my wife out there. What a nice area! we Hiked up to Carrizo Falls, defiantly worth a side trip

Let us know how it turned out.

Hope to join in the future

20171231_112101.jpg

Hey 97, thanks for the info.  I have wandered those hills some, but mostly from kayaking the area, so I don't usually go inland that far.  I didn't know about that oasis - Good find on your part!.  You must have a strong 4x4 as I remember that the sand in that area is a quite soft and deep. My regular riding buddies asked me to postpone this loop as they want to do it too ....and no sdar'er bit on the bait......  but dang, the weather is so nice right now....  maybe I should check it out even if solo... maybe sleep in truck in Glamis tonight, and head out early-ish  :)....  hmmm. If not, I will post again if we go.  Thanks for sharing, cheers. 

Definitely, post up if you are heading out.

I guess I need to update my notifications. I missed all this.

I can't go anyway.... I don't have a bike. I looked at a KLR 650 two weeks ago, came to an agreement on price, told the guy I'll come back the next day and now the guy has stopped communication.... weird. I keep texting and calling and asking "Hey just tell me if changed your mind?" Silence.

OH well. This ride looks fun and I hope you are off having a blast!! There are plenty of bikes out there for sale so I'll be up and running soon.

Cheers, Chris

A good wander on some new routes, and enjoying some past favorites, is calling.