danrider

No Goodbye to Randy Cuz He Won't Be There Ride, No Broke Back Here

45 minutes ago, bsham said:

Would like to know more about the new route please. I searched and found Red Cloud in CA and AZ ... same for Picacho ... More dirt now?

RED Cloud is in AZ and so is Kofa,  Picacho is on the CA side, yes we want to do more dirt

More dirt don't mean Hardcore dirt. Fire road is the better Name.

21 hours ago, bsham said:

Would like to know more about the new route please. I searched and found Red Cloud in CA and AZ ... same for Picacho ... More dirt now?

Me too. Might be able to do Friday/Saturday but depends on route, distances, etc. More dirt the better for me. I'm not interested in slabbing for 8 hours, camping, then slabbing home for 8 hours.

2 hours ago, Oracle said:

Me too. Might be able to do Friday/Saturday but depends on route, distances, etc. More dirt the better for me. I'm not interested in slabbing for 8 hours, camping, then slabbing home for 8 hours.

We will be leaving at my place at 8:00 to go to JAJA place in Ramona,  then taking the back roads to pick up Alyeska in Borrego then the back roads to Brawley then we will enter the South side to Picacho  (which is all dirt) and camp for the night. The next morning over to KOFA National Park,  that will be dirt all day, then over to Red Cloud Mine Road which will also be all dirt (when I say dirt graded to moderate dirt roads, nothing challenging).

Picacho will cost $10 per bike to camp, they have warm shower and water, all of us will need to fill up on water sat morn

Saturday will be pirate camping 

Bring food for Breakfast and Dinner,  (Saturday you will have the option to eat Dinner and drink at Lake Martinez)

Sunday Breakfast at Cracker Barrel Yuma then home.

all of this is around Yuma

We will be leaving my place at 8:00 to go to JAJA place in Ramona,  then taking the back roads to pick up Alyeska in Borrego then the back roads to Brawley then we will enter the South side to Picacho  (which is all dirt) and camp for the night. The next morning over to KOFA National Park,  that will be dirt all day, then over to Red Cloud Mine Road which will also be all dirt (when I say dirt graded to moderate dirt roads, nothing challenging).

Picacho will cost $10 per bike to camp, they have warm shower and water, all of us will need to fill up on water sat morn

Saturday will be pirate camping 

Bring food for Breakfast and Dinner,  (Saturday you will have the option to eat Dinner and drink at Lake Martinez)

Sunday Breakfast at Cracker Barrel Yuma then home.

All of this is around Yuma  and Quartzsite

@tntmo do you want to meet Jim and I at my house Friday morning and we'll all storm Dan's castle together?

9 hours ago, Zubb said:

@tntmo do you want to meet Jim and I at my house Friday morning and we'll all storm Dan's castle together?

Sounds fine, text me the location.

1 hour ago, tntmo said:

Sounds fine, text me the location.

I presume I-15N is congested on Friday mornings.  Let me know if you're comfortable lane splitting with hard cases on.  If you are, we should leave my house at 7 to put us at Dans around 7:30-7:45.  Kick stands up at 8 am from Dan's house.  If you're not (and I'm ok either way) we should leave here 6:45 with full gas tanks.

Just now, Zubb said:

I presume I-15N is congested on Friday mornings.  Let me know if you're comfortable lane splitting with hard cases on.  If you are, we should leave my house at 7 to put us at Dans around 7:30-7:45.  Kick stands up at 8 am from Dan's house.  If you're not (and I'm ok either way) we should leave here 6:45 with full gas tanks.

My side cases are barely wider than my handlebars, I split lanes slowly but surely and only wheelie occasionally.  

hi all,

all this week, i've been like a kid in detention, forlornly looking out the window at his friends on the playground. i have tried to make my schedule work to go on this excursion with you, but it's just not happening for me. i'll just have to watch from a distance, hearing your peals of joy and laughter, and turn slowly back to my tasks, dejectedly cursing my plight...

i hope you all have a great trip, keep the rubber side down.

best regards,

johnnyg

9 hours ago, Zubb said:

Coming from San Diego, right? The northbound 15 should be pretty much wide open...not to mention, there is a carpool lane. 

Ok, I might be able to pull off the Friday / Saturday portion (I have to work Sunday). Dan bribed me with good bourbon....key word GOOD...don't let me down.

I had two large trees come down in yesterdays storm. And of course they both landed on the fence line between my property and my neighbor....so it is a priority to clear those and fix the fence enough to get by for a couple weeks. I'm going leave work early tomorrow and try to get that done....If I do, then I'm in. If not, I'll have to stay home so I can finish.

I'll let y'all know tomorrow.

So for all not going to meet at DanRider tomorrow morning. You can come to Ramona 948 8th street around 8- 8:15 AM and I will have a coffee for you. See you here.

Udo P.

Dan, I really wanna do this but cant get Friday off so I'm thinking about slabbing it out after work Friday and meeting you guys at picacho, that is if I they don't need me to work Saturday. Do you know for sure which campground at Picacho, from what I've read there are 6 of them? and probably no cell service, if not I could just check em all. 

1 hour ago, royboyz said:

Dan, I really wanna do this but cant get Friday off so I'm thinking about slabbing it out after work Friday and meeting you guys at picacho, that is if I they don't need me to work Saturday. Do you know for sure which campground at Picacho, from what I've read there are 6 of them? and probably no cell service, if not I could just check em all. 

Roy, What I know: From Winterhaven north on Picacho Rd.Here a Googelmap link, but I let DanRider confirm this. This spot is where we went some time ago with the KLIM groupe.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sidewinder+Chevron/Winterhaven,+CA/33.0245097,-114.61825/@32.8912446,-114.7323999,40750m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m20!4m19!1m5!1m1!1s0x80d6fa2bc497b3c5:0x27570b07bd55298!2m2!1d-114.7552895!2d32.745385!1m10!1m1!1s0x80d6df36152717bd:0xb2057c7eddbbe5a!2m2!1d-114.6346751!2d32.739491!3m4!1m2!1d-114.6493868!2d32.9127812!3s0x80d6eec206f49bfb:0xc140119e83e76619!1m0!3e0

Fill up in Winterhaven when you leave the I-8. the last gas station is on Sidewinder Rd. just before Winterhaven.

Edited by Mr.JAJA
Map and Gas update.

Ok guys, I'm in. I'll meet at Udo's house.

Thanks Mr JAJA, I will see you guys out there, hopefully get there about dark thirty or so if I can leave work early.

I will see you guys.  around 9 in Borrego at my place, it was 34 degrees riding around lake henshaw yesterday morning early, don't freeze. if anyone needs to store anything at my place until the return that would be fine.

10 hours ago, royboyz said:

Thanks Mr JAJA, I will see you guys out there, hopefully get there about dark thirty or so if I can leave work early.

Call me so I get your Phone number and I will text you the exact GPS Coordinates after setup the camp.  760-315-3592

What a great trip!!!  Thanks a ton, DanR and JaJa and 'all'.  I truly LOVED the Picacha camp setting.  making coffee on the river watching the sunrise was deep psychological therapy.

Riding Kofa the next day was an adventure that left just about every bone in my body aching at days end.  Good thing there was plenty of strong medicine available that night at the bar.

Good times.  Learned what the GS could do and not do.  Learned about my own limitations.  Made new friends.  What could be better.