danrider

No Goodbye to Randy Cuz He Won't Be There Ride, No Broke Back Here

Dear Randy; safe travels and for gawdsakes keep us informed with pics and stories as you travel. 

Jaja DanR TNTMO and all interested parties.... let’s go big bike camping anyway!

1 hour ago, KTMrad said:

Sorry guys, had another wrench thrown in the works, another major change in plans....I won't be here, leaving Tombstone tomorrow, Friday the 5th. Have to head to the northeast.

Hope you're leaving the rig with a friend and flying back.........I would NOT want to be on the roads, or in a plane for that matter, in the Northeast right now given all the snow/storm activity.......

On 12/31/2017 at 8:45 PM, Oracle said:

Which bike do you plan on riding, Dan?

I am going to take my big boy GSA 1150,

OK now that Randy thing is gone,  First night will be Sheeps Crossing Arizona, Second night will be, Crown King Bar until we fall off the saddle and stumble down to your tent, Or end up on RedCloud Mine in Yuma

i want in! camping both nights, right? i'm trying to work out my work schedule to make it happen, and will keep following this thread as the details get arranged.

best regards,

johnnyg

also, do we have a route for saturday? i have a friend in prescott who offered to show us a dirt route (not technical) to jerome for bbq and twisties back, he's on a 1200gs. 

best regards,

johnnyg

I know the Apache trail is on some once bucket list: I have driven this many time in trucks, testing at the Mesa GM proving ground. Tortilla flats to Roosevelt dam

JAJA, Can we do it in three days.  Some of the guys have to be back Sunday.  I will see you Sunday to Discuss

So many options, so little time. I’m stuck with Fri thru Sun. I’m a big boy today hough and can find my way home if y’all want to continue on further. 

Many of these suggestions are new territory for me so I’m happy to go anywhere. My only prerequisite would be needing to know if there’s much sand. If so I would throw the K60’s back on. 

I installed the new Seat Concepts last night and am itching for high mile day for testing. 

If you go to Jerome or tortilla flats Im in for sure, need to know what tires to run since im on streets now.

No good by to Randy, but still a ride:

My Idea. Ramona 78- Brawley-8 Yuma-Gila Bend- Orange Pipe cactus- 1st night- Kitt Peak- Tucson- Florence 77-Globe- Roosvelt dam-Tortila flat (Beer stop)-Maricopa-Gila Bend-Home. 2nd night west of Phoenix. Pirate camping, total 1050 miles with a lot Highway. No special dirt tires needed.

Open to other suggestion. but try to stay low in the desert, not into freezing my Bud off.

9 hours ago, Mr.JAJA said:

No good by to Randy, but still a ride:

My Idea. Ramona 78- Brawley-8 Yuma-Gila Bend- Orange Pipe cactus- 1st night- Kitt Peak- Tucson- Florence 77-Globe- Roosvelt dam-Tortila flat (Beer stop)-Maricopa-Gila Bend-Home. 2nd night west of Phoenix. Pirate camping, total 1050 miles with a lot Highway. No special dirt tires needed.

Open to other suggestion. but try to stay low in the desert, not into freezing my Bud off.

JaJa If we can do it I want to take everyone to Sheeps Crossing and camp on the river.  The place is the bomb, I like your plan just want to adjust it by about 60 miles.  Will discuss with you tomorrow

Trip-2012-Sheeps-Bridge-61.jpg

On 1/4/2018 at 0:28 PM, KTMrad said:

Sorry guys, had another wrench thrown in the works, another major change in plans....I won't be here, leaving Tombstone tomorrow, Friday the 5th. Have to head to the northeast.

It 9 degrees near Boston, gonna be cold.

like jaja's idea, plus I would love to pick his brain about Australia.

46 minutes ago, alyeska said:

is everyone still thinking the 12th?

We will have some update on this trip later from DanRider. My bike is ready to go.

4 hours ago, alyeska said:

is everyone still thinking the 12th?

We are all a go on the 12th,  Since we are only going to have three days of riding because some have to be back Sunday we have decided to camp first night at Picacho, Saturday, full day at Kofa,  Saturday night camp RedCloud, Sunday home after Breakfast.  Do you want us to pick you up in Borrego? Les say around 9:30 or 10 Friday?

That works for me, we can meet at circle or I can pm my address

19 minutes ago, alyeska said:

That works for me, we can meet at circle or I can pm my address

PM address that works!  

pm sent, are we camping at picacho state park campground?

1 hour ago, alyeska said:

pm sent, are we camping at picacho state park campground?

Yes

23 hours ago, danrider said:

We are all a go on the 12th,  Since we are only going to have three days of riding because some have to be back Sunday we have decided to camp first night at Picacho, Saturday, full day at Kofa,  Saturday night camp RedCloud, Sunday home after Breakfast.  Do you want us to pick you up in Borrego? Les say around 9:30 or 10 Friday?

Would like to know more about the new route please. I searched and found Red Cloud in CA and AZ ... same for Picacho ... More dirt now?