bsham

Big Bike to Death Valley Monday 12/18 - Wednesday 12/20

Heading to Death Valley on a big bike for a couple of days. Leaving 0700 Monday, returning Wednesday. Reserved a site at Furnace Creek for Mo/Tu nights, so sleeping in a tent both nights. Taking back roads to get there. Plan on some dirt... Titus Canyon, Aguereberry, maybe some Saline Valley. Weather looks really nice. Post or PM if you would like to go.

Brian

I'm posting cause I would really like to go.

Alas, I have a whole herd of put-off responsibility I need to thin before Christmas.  When are we going to Mex?

I have an 0830 orthopedic dr appt in rancho mirage ca I am going to try to change it or show up later, what bike you riding? coming that way?

6 hours ago, Zubb said:

I'm posting cause I would really like to go.

Alas, I have a whole herd of put-off responsibility I need to thin before Christmas.  When are we going to Mex?

Wish you could go!

4 hours ago, alyeska said:

I have an 0830 orthopedic dr appt in rancho mirage ca I am going to try to change it or show up later, what bike you riding? coming that way?

Riding a Tenere. Heading East from Ramona to Mecca, then North through Joshua Tree and Mojave Preserve. Day 1 looks kinda tight on time... want to catch the Artists Drive by the golden hour. Could meet up later or at camp if you like.

Ive got to be out too much juggling to try to make it happen, next time.

Hope you are having a good ride. Let us know how it turned out!

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:58 PM, 97xr400r said:

Hope you are having a good ride. Let us know how it turned out!

Three full days of starting by 8 or 9 and finishing just after dark. The temps were cool for the whole trip which was nice. All-in-all a fun little ride. Good for the mind!

Rode through a looong canyon...

5a3deee78fe9a_PC190009(1024x768).thumb.jpg.fc077e509f07f60c3334b81e0f0feafa.jpg

Checked out the crater...

5a3def2ab81af_PC190014(1024x768).thumb.jpg.d88bff0522c0021761711a44b7c98e12.jpg

Went to the top of the mountain to check out the view ... the view ...5a3def38f189e_PC190019(1024x768).thumb.jpg.9bc906ebca6357578c274e9feb018461.jpg

Looks awesome! I didn't know about the crater, gotta check that out. thanks for posting:good:

Brian, I'm pretty sure you passed me on highway 78, just before Santa Ysabel. Black Yukon with a flat bed trail and 4 bikes on it. I was heading out to Ocotillo Wells for a day ride with my kids. 

3 hours ago, Oracle said:

Brian, I'm pretty sure you passed me on highway 78, just before Santa Ysabel. Black Yukon with a flat bed trail and 4 bikes on it. I was heading out to Ocotillo Wells for a day ride with my kids. 

I went around a trailer with bikes and a black tow vehicle before dropping down the hill at Santa Ysabel ... roughly 0800. That was a great day for a ride with the kids! ... doing that tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, bsham said:

I went around a trailer with bikes and a black tow vehicle before dropping down the hill at Santa Ysabel ... roughly 0800. That was a great day for a ride with the kids! ... doing that tomorrow.

I told my son to get a pic....

20171225_214947.jpg

Yep, looks familiar... You captured the start of three days being in the moment. Thanks for posting the pic!

On 12/26/2017 at 11:33 PM, bsham said:

Yep, looks familiar... You captured the start of three days being in the moment. Thanks for posting the pic!

Sure. The reason I even noticed was because I was watching your thread. I wanted to go, but I could only manage that Monday off. Once again, work got in the way of playing...darn!

21 hours ago, Oracle said:

Sure. The reason I even noticed was because I was watching your thread. I wanted to go, but I could only manage that Monday off. Once again, work got in the way of playing...darn!

... time to start planning the next ride ...