Bagstr

Who's Going Riding, Informally Week of Dec. 14

I can ride Thursday - and prefer from the north...but can go south.

I'm riding Thursday South with a couple of non-SDAR buddies. If you end up on Thursday and going South we may jump in. No breakfast needed:)

I will ride to Ocotillo wells on Wednesday morning to stay for some hours on a place (Split mountain Rd.) Ride back around 2-3PM.

14 hours ago, Mr.JAJA said:

I will ride to Ocotillo wells on Wednesday morning to stay for some hours on a place (Split mountain Rd.) Ride back around 2-3PM.

Does the name start with "Iron" and end with "Door?" ;)

1 minute ago, Dress4Less said:

Does the name start with "Iron" and end with "Door?" ;)

:ph34r: No but I ride past the Bar. (I do some Testing out there).

Time to Decide -  

Here is a thought     https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xlxjE95Uc2Rrl7CHWO8IRHt6FLE&usp=sharing

Meet at the Carrizo South trailhead  0800-0830   Casual Pace,  enjoying the scenery and flowing two track.

An enjoyable route is east on the DG and ( only occasionally silty ) two track then south Canyon Sin Nombre, down highway to Mortero Rd. to the Water Tank at the tracks.  Continue to Dos Cabezas spring and over to the sand hill at the horse-shoe railroad bend, then track frontage back to water tower. Turn north through the Volcanic Hills to highway and drop back into Canyon SN heading north to Vallecito Wash. Once back at the junction of Vallecito and Carrizo washes we decide which of the canyons to ride to terminus; Tapiado, Arroyo Seco del Diablo via Cut Across  with a quick view from the Diablo Drop.  Sometimes extend to June Wash or View of the Badlands.

Return to trucks about 1:00pm and have a round!

These are just suggested routes subject to group interest.     Some people do a Giant Loop down Diablo Drop out to mine road then up to Scissors Crossing and down all that pavement.  Not my interest. 

Any thoughts;  what do you think about the show-up time?   Temp is expected to be 76f  so not an issue.

Note to Van:  We will get back to the North, but we need to change it up some as we only have 500 miles of roads to work with.

Bagstr

Tubes, tools and water/snacks.   80ish miles, no gas on route.   Mix of sand and rock two track, couple of short drops and mogul climbs 

OK.  I'm in.  Be there at 8:00ish.  I'm ok with any plan.  Like to go down Jojoba Wash if it fits into the plan (maybe this is the volcanic hills?).  Was looking at it in the FJ and it started to get interesting and did not continue so I'd like to see if I could have made it.  I'm going to assume that you will park roughly where you did last time when we used you as a fuel stop. Let me know otherwise.

11 minutes ago, Van said:

OK.  I'm in.  Be there at 8:00ish.  I'm ok with any plan.  Like to go down Jojoba Wash if it fits into the plan (maybe this is the volcanic hills?).  Was looking at it in the FJ and it started to get interesting and did not continue so I'd like to see if I could have made it.  I'm going to assume that you will park roughly where you did last time when we used you as a fuel stop. Let me know otherwise.

You can make the Jojoba loop in a FJ but maybe not the climb out of the wash through the volcanic hills that leads back to Dos Cabezas.

42 minutes ago, Covered in Dust said:

I’m a possibly maybe. Life’s to short not to ride.

CiD

Something I need to remember and work on.......

10 hours ago, Covered in Dust said:

I’m a possibly maybe. Life’s to short not to ride.

CiD

Big rocks! BTW I was wrong about where the new bar/restaraunt is located. It’s in Ocotillo and not by the Chevron.

OK, I've tweeted my schedule on Thursday so I will be there.  I'll have minimal time for social hour post ride.  See you in the morning.