Miggy

New Rider in RB

Hello All,

My name is Miguel. I ride a 2017 KTM 500 EXC-F, and I live in RB.  My buddies ride MX Bikes, so they have to turn around at the "Street Legal Vehicles Beyond This Point" sign.  I grew up in Borrego Springs.  I was riding there when one could ride a dirt bike legally into town, and before there were trail/street signs in the Ocotillo Wells SVRA.  I had buddies that lived out in OW, and I was riding at the "Wells" [With Buddies], since I was 11.  I'm pushing 50 now, but can still hang with son & nephew.  No more jumping gaps for me [They were small gaps.]. 

I will have a lot more riding opportunities in the next 4 weeks and in April. 

Ride-On & Keep the Rubber Side Down

Miggy 

Pic 2.JPG

Hey Wierdrider. Thanks for making this Total Noob welcomed on this forum.  I'll be on the look out for group rides.  I have family out in Borrego and visit frequently.  I was browsing through the forum and saw the people meet at Kendall's to start rides.  I presume that's Kendall's in Borrego.

Anyway, thanks again.

Miggy         

Those new KTM's are great machines, everybody raves about them.  I'm sure it will take you everywhere you want to go.  Welcome to the group, see you on the trail.

Kendall’s Borrego Sp. most weeks. Next Up may be Carrizo So. East of Bow Willow.

Hello TNTMo,

The KTM 500 EXC-F is a solid machine.  If I could change one thing, it would be Linkage Suspension instead of the PDS.  The front suspension is solid and the PDS is very good, and you'll usually not notice the difference until it compresses just right and it kicks.  The instances are far and few between, so dialed-in rebound, compression, and sag settings are a must.  It obviously doesn't hit on the low-end like an MX bike, but some mods would remedy that.  Other than that, its an MX bike with a plate.  Braaaap!

Miggy

1 hour ago, Miggy said:

Hello TNTMo,

The KTM 500 EXC-F is a solid machine.  If I could change one thing, it would be Linkage Suspension instead of the PDS.  The front suspension is solid and the PDS is very good, and you'll usually not notice the difference until it compresses just right and it kicks.  The instances are far and few between, so dialed-in rebound, compression, and sag settings are a must.  It obviously doesn't hit on the low-end like an MX bike, but some mods would remedy that.  Other than that, its an MX bike with a plate.  Braaaap!

Miggy

A little birdie (george from suspension 101) told me they have a fix for that 

Greetings Bp619,

What would that fix be?  Having the back end kick-up happened on the fire road going up from Pine Valley to Pioneer Mail.  I was moving through a rocky section [fire road] and suspension dynamics were just right that the rear shock compressed and then uncompressed, and before I knew it, the back end of the bike came up and I was on the ground.  I landed on my feet, but I had to replace the clutch handle.  Coincidentally or not, I had changed my rear suspension settings on the ride.  I did slow down the rebound after that.

Anyway, what would that fix be?

Miggy