Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StealthDingo

Joe Hauler Needed! Rent or Buy ... Anyone!?

10 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone, 

I pulled the trigger today and took the time off work for a new years weekend/birthday trip to San Felipe. Ive been trucking my bike around with my F-150 but the truck is owned by my work so I don't wanna mess around with it south of the border. Ill be heading down the 29th thru the 2nd for a quick trip to meet my dad in San Felipe and do some riding & relaxing. He is bringing his toy hauler but it will be packed with his gear, polaris, and quad for my wife. Therefore --- I'm looking for a joe hauler so I can strap it to my jeep and tow it down that way. Bike weighs 297 lb dry so maybe 320 with the extra bash protection and other add-ons?? Anyone have a joe hauler they are looking to sell? Or rent for the weekend for a nominal fee? Ive heard bad things about the off brand models so Im hesitant to buy a cheapo no name from craigslist but I could be worrying for no reason. Hit me up if you got something. I appreciate the help in advance guys!

I've got an aluminum one you're welcome to borrow. 

23 minutes ago, Bp619 said:

I have this model your welcome to borrow it pm me

Sounds great. Ill send a PM thanks!

Also, I read some reviews and it seems like they have fixed alot of the support issues with the harbor freight model. Anyone have any experience with this? At $120 its tempting. With the holidays coming I cant blow the $400 on the OG Joe Hauler (as much as I want to!)

harbor freight edition

https://www.harborfreight.com/400-lb-receiver-mount-motorcycle-carrier-62837.html

Thanks Winty, Crawdaddy, Goofy and BP. Sent BP a message I think we are going to be able to work it out. You guys are all awesome for offering up your gear to me. Much love SDAR! 

Still wondering if anyone has used the new harbor fright or not. Might pick one up in the near future

It may be too late, but Cycle Gear has their version on sale. it's just $10 more than the Harbor Freight one. I watched the video on it and it looks pretty good. Here's a link: https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/trackside-motorcycle-carrier?gclid=CjwKCAiAx57RBRBkEiwA8yZdUIKLwczMd-FUOnzMRXbfZz6m4lGaPcy9Jqa4AT_MOkgAqajbjymlkRoCPhUQAvD_BwE

Cheers,

Mark

On 12/8/2017 at 4:54 PM, JMBray said:

It may be too late, but Cycle Gear has their version on sale. it's just $10 more than the Harbor Freight one. I watched the video on it and it looks pretty good. Here's a link: https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/trackside-motorcycle-carrier?gclid=CjwKCAiAx57RBRBkEiwA8yZdUIKLwczMd-FUOnzMRXbfZz6m4lGaPcy9Jqa4AT_MOkgAqajbjymlkRoCPhUQAvD_BwE

Cheers,

Mark

all steel, anti tilt, powder coated.. ooh lala! Thanks for the tip. Seems like a definite step up from harbor freight edition

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0