• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Dylan

Poway Powersports

4 posts in this topic

As most of you have found out by now, All American KTM in Ramona has been bought by Poway powersports. I never had the privilege of going there, but have heard great things. I have been to Poway powersports a few times, and I have been pleasantly surprised with the people that work there. It seems like a really good shop itching to grow! 

They're doing a grand opening party Saturday with free suspension tuning and some other neat stuff Saturday December 9th 10am-12pm if anyone is interested. I have zero affiliation with this business, and I posted this so more people are in the know. I'm always interested in free food!

Last time I was in there they gave me FREE KTM window decals! :thumbsup_anim:

I am not a fan. Offered to have a meeting there for his new shop as he expressed interest in "being part of the community".  Turned out to be a shop wanting me to send out email blasts to our members. We should support those that help support us not use us!

Well, I'll share this recent experience. I had not planned on doing business there for no other reason than that I have contacts/friends at other dealerships that I have known for many years. The week of Thanksgiving, my brother called me and said he wanted to buy a new KTM while he was in town visiting for Thanksgiving. He asked me to call my contacts and get some prices for him.

So I did. I called three different friends at three different KTM dealerships here in San Diego (not including Poway Powersports). The best price I could get him was $11,900 OTD on a 2018 500 EXC. The two other dealerships were within $200 of that, so in other words, very close in pricing. I passed this info on to my brother.

He asked me about Poway Powersports and I explained they are a new, small dealership and doubted they could beat any of the major players pricing. On his way down from San Fransisco, my brother called PP and got a price of $11,200 OTD ($700 less than the next best deal) for a 2018 500 EXC. He told them he was on his way down from SF but would try to be there by their 5pm closing time (we were leaving for the desert the next day, T-Day, and needed to wrap up the purchase on Wed.) Of course the traffic was a mess on the Wednesday before T-day and he was running late. He kept them updated on his location and it became clear he was not going to make it by closing. They told him "no problem", we'll wait (this is the night before T-Day I'll remind you).

Long story short, they waited for him. He finally made it to their store about 630pm. They had the bike and paperwork ready. My brother closed the deal, they helped him load up, and the kicker was that the acutal OTD price turned out to be $11,150, $50 less than they told him and significantly less than the other three dealers were willing to go.

My brother was totally stocked and I was happy for him. Based on his experience, I will definitely be giving them a try.