97xr400r

Full Moon King Tide Ride

Its been almost one year since I had the bike out. Housework got in the way and I told myself if I can get back to working on the bike by the end of the year I'd be ok. Right on schedule, got the new electrical system all wired up and working. DC power on a dirt bike is great, running led everything and finally have a cooling fan for getting lost in the sand. Everything from the stator to turn signals is new, that was some work. MAN, good Lighting is so nice to have!

I got the bike loaded for an overnighter and headed for Pine Valley. Fuel, Water, snacks lets go! Hittin dirt in no time 

Everything was working perfectly... snaking through Arroyo Del Diablo I'm thinking dang somthins up with my rear brake... Broke a footpeg bolt out of nowhere, turns out its not uncommon on the xr650r. Putted up to Diablo dropoff to set up camp and get my macgyver on. 

I met fellow sdar inmate. Homer, I can't remember your username? I think he was following me around or something haha.

Blah blah other stuff happened. It was a great time even though I had to sit for most of it.

Ride to the river anyone?

20171203_061537_Richtone(HDR)-EFFECTS.jpg

20171202_165959.jpg

20171202_170132_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20171203_081554_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20171202_202035.jpg

20171203_145912.jpg

20171203_145921.jpg

Ah ha! We chatted a bit at the store in Ocotillo Wells then bumped into each other again in Borrego Springs, had lunch. Thanks for the ID Jim! 

That foot peg bolt is a known failure. Oem bolt is soft steel, it needs a upgraded hardened replacement.

Broke mine a few years back, my buddy broke his last year. I hope you put a hardened bolt in there,

and not the same soft oem one...

Good to see you back out there, Jon. The ride to the river is still high on my list so let me know when you are planning on doing it.