Sign in to follow this  
TrophyHunter

Help needed - Bike retrieval

A rider has a bike needing retrieval at Corral Canyon. Permission given to post name and number. 

Please contact Fred (510) 421-0593

The story. Fred is from out of town and rode his GS1200 in Corral Canyon. He got lost and called SDSO. The helicopter guided him out but he crashed, separating the cantilever front suspension from the bike. The GS is near 4 corners but Fred will be able to meet and guide a truck in.

Please call Fred to discuss details.

Thanks

i have made contact with fred , his bike is in warranty so I suggested he call roadside Assistance . Roadside usually won't go off road but maybe they can make an exception because he is injured . I also reached out to a couple of airhead beamer club members that have listed themselves as truck available for help in the ABC club directory.but left messages. I don't have a truck so I'm trying to help from my computer .

Fred is in the ER and BMW roadside is on their way to see if they can get to his machine,  

I'm available with truck and trailer.

http://www.sandiegosymphony.org/about-the-sdso/

https://www.google.com/search?q=SDSO&oq=SDSO&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.3847j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego_County_Sheriff's_Department

Got in San Diego Sheriff's Department -  

Thanks for jumping in gentlemen. Hope Fred is doing OK

Trying to help a brother out, last he told me he was in La Jolla at the ER and the bike was a couple miles in from where? I do not know ,apparently still in corral.

Thx for jumping in. I'm out of town. 

Last known bike location was near 4 corners in corral.

As of 8:00 am this morning ,his bike is still out in corral and Roadside is still trying to get someone to retrieve his machine .

I live close by there and have the equipment to do the job. PM me if I can help, tomorrow morning works for me.

10 minutes ago, wildwood said:

Champ is calling the guy now for more info.  

Great I just texted him and roadside assistance won’t go in the dirt to help him 

A SPOT satellite messenger is sounding pretty cheap about now. It would be nice to have concordance to work with.  I can't make it out there this morning, but I may be up for a afternoon ride to see if it's somewhere off the main loop.   Full moon tonite too, could be an interesting evening.

...so a night ride it is.   Good a reason as any.   ksu in 30 min.

2 hours ago, wildwood said:

...so a night ride it is.   Good a reason as any.   ksu in 30 min.

Fred got back to me about an hour ago and said his bike as at San Diego BMW and he really wants to say thank you for helping him out . I said on the behalf of SDAR your welcome.

Good to here it all worked out. Fun night ride anyway.