StealthDingo

Corral Canyon Camping - NOOB Style!

So I loaded up the wife, dog, and bike in the truck Friday morning and headed to Corral Canyon for the weekend. Camped out and did some solo riding. The weather was great and it was pretty quiet out there. I expected a lot more riders & jeepers since its a holiday weekend but I only saw a few on the trail.  Since I am fairly noob and rode alone I took it easy but man I had a hoot! Rode bobcat, Corral, and part of Wrangler (got mixed up on Corral and ended up on Wrangler). Then I went up Los Pinos Rd to see the fire tower but the top gate was closed. Lastly, I took a cruise down corral canyon rd south from the campground all the way down to Skye Valley rd (I think, map wasn't very clear). It was starting to get late and I was not entirely sure what trail I was on so I headed back so I wouldnt have to navigate unfamilair areas in the dark.  Had some cold beers, chili dogs, and a bit of bourbon.. then off to bed. Great day.  FYI its getting really chilly at night out there and fire restrictions are still in effect until 12/4 according to ranger station.

Woke up, bacon, eggs, and breakfast potatoes with coffee. Then a bit more wandering about on the bike and it was time to pack up.  Only a couple photos but got alot of GoPro footage. Take a look if your'e bored. Im sure I am a lot slower than most of you but I wanted to be careful on the overgrown corners and I am not familiar with the area.  Still I had a fantastic time getting out there and riding. Id love to ride this area with someone who knows the terrain better some day! 

Top of Los Pinos

5a1b452fa9ead_lospinos2.thumb.jpg.5b083e4a17ce12eefbad24119cbb7098.jpg5a1b455274d94_lospinos3.thumb.jpg.0e051a2b09c288a4b3e0f4354e2c728e.jpg5a1b457ce1e28_lospinos4.thumb.jpg.4687ad37cd162f7bf1e32201725c71ca.jpg

Some Videos ... Just learning how to use the GoPro

test 2.mp4

GP010461.MP4

I was hoping to join you, but I woke up feeling terrible on Friday.  By the time I was feeling up to a ride it was about noon and with an hour ride out there it didn't leave much time before the sun goes down.  Sounds like it was pretty nice, I figured it wouldn't be too busy on Thanksgiving  weekend. 

Best time to go to Corral Canyon is during the week if you can get a day off, otherwise super early on the weekend.  The trails are fun, but since they are narrow the chances of a head-on are good (bad?) so I don't like to ride there when it's busy.