Left town on Friday four GS 800 and a KLR for DV, we split up on Sunday. Three  GS 800 and a KLR headed back to SD I went onto Zion to meet up with family to hike Angles Landing. I couldn’t do it pass the chains, if some of you know the hike. I’ll be riding home tomorrow stopping in Vegas then home for Turkey dinner  90F28B5C-2CD6-4412-AB8C-DC4AC0D0AF26.thumb.jpeg.3a7e6a9a2e8b6843ecb889aa9c253149.jpeg92E0A09C-422A-4718-A343-B6718DC73838.thumb.jpeg.3a4526f4c09a4288894bd0677387f264.jpeg

E509AD2B-7BDB-4EDB-9379-7FE6D27BA91D.thumb.jpeg.d4a88be3e80fbe68d1ebb91fa48a1b5a.jpeg

15D7F2BF-0D1C-4C48-83EA-62AF970FF463.thumb.jpeg.b09e07aa042e0ed354886ca088588577.jpeg

Glad you had Fun.  Now about that display center; how did that come together?

I couldn't do the final ascent on Angels Landing either. I cannot imagine how they do not have more fatalities there.

1 hour ago, Mikey777 said:

I couldn't do the final ascent on Angels Landing either. I cannot imagine how they do not have more fatalities there.

Same here, my 13 yr old did it all the way with his uncle. But watching was hard. 

15 deaths on the trail since it opened.  This video shows hike along the ridgeline. Although I used to jump out of planes for a living and can do that all day, I hate heights like these.  One minor slip/loss of balance and it is a long way to the bottom. 

I've attempted it 2x, but got 'lighteninged' off both times.  It is quite the butt pucker up there.  That's a great video, but I can't imaging being up there with snow and ice on the trail. Great write up and looks like you all had a great trip!

I considered doing it last time I was there but pussed out. I don't think I could watch my kids do it without me, that's pretty tough. They go, I go.

7 minutes ago, Oracle said:

I considered doing it last time I was there but pussed out. I don't think I could watch my kids do it without me, that's pretty tough. They go, I go.

My son was in good hands with his uncle, ex SD life guard and now SDFD captain. 

3 hours ago, socalhodaka said:

My son was in good hands with his uncle, ex SD life guard and now SDFD captain. 

That makes is easier. My brother (SFFD) is one of only a few people I would trust with my kids on something like that.