danrider

New Bike TO ME IS Three Weeks Out

I have been looking for the real legend bike that really got the movement going on adventure riding, it is a classic and it is the best year of the lot for several reason.  You can find them on the west coast from a range if they are well kept for around $6500 to $8000 with 50 to a 100,000 miles on them, but they are getting harder and harder to find.   I found mine up in Wisconsin and it will be in a box next week making its home to my garage.  The bike I am talking about is a 2002 BMW R 1150 GSA, it is one bad bike to ride and it is bullet proof in many ways. The  bike that I bought is what I would call a garage queen that only had 28,000 easy road miles on her and I verified the millage through the Vin# .Take some time and read on them, If you have ever seen JAJA's bike you will know what I mean.  This bike is going back to Alaska, Canada and Mexico with me.  I am looking forward in packing her and making her mine. One might think this is nothing more than a big pig,  I look at it as one of BMW best year ever adventure motorcycle they built, this bike still has preserved that iron look without all the plastics and it is still light for its class.  It is well a  balanced dependable machine with a few electronics on it that usually will not go bad. 

See you at a destination soon.  

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

Why not fly over and ride it home. Wintertime are covered with "Heated Grips"

Just now, Mr.JAJA said:

Why not fly over and ride it home. Wintertime are covered with "Heated Grips"

I do not have the time JAJA,  My daughter is doing an Internship at the Federal Sate building in DC and I have to take her back in the next couple of weeks or I would of done a FLY and ride.

Nice find on that bike, I considered a BMW but it's hard to find one that doesn't have a lot of miles.  I guess I am not too concerned about that, my Triumph had 100k.  My wife is visiting her dad in South Dakota, it's 18 degrees today and she sent me a picture of a guy on a motorcycle.  Hard core!

Clean lookin' machine Dano.  Figured your other BMW would get lonely with only a KLR to talk to.  They don't even speak the same language.

Congrats Dan, I bet you’re jonesing to get it here. Just take a shot of whiskey and relax, those three weeks will fly by  

Good Looking bike Dan, I have an 03 and love the heck out of it . I rarely go over 5 k rpm it just pulls like a freight train all day long . We should all go to Starbucks when you get it :)

1 hour ago, tntmo said:

Nice find on that bike, I considered a BMW but it's hard to find one that doesn't have a lot of miles.  I guess I am not too concerned about that, my Triumph had 100k.  My wife is visiting her dad in South Dakota, it's 18 degrees today and she sent me a picture of a guy on a motorcycle.  Hard core!

I chicken out on riding the VStrom to work when it's sub "50 degrees" in the morning :lol: :bye:

1 hour ago, Mikey777 said:

Clean lookin' machine Dano.  Figured your other BMW would get lonely with only a KLR to talk to.  They don't even speak the same language.

your right!  You will not believe this I caved in and bought a radio at the bike show in long beach, I got the Cardo Mesh. 

2 hours ago, Wierdrider said:

those three weeks will fly by  

No they won't.  :wacko:

I told Dan this silver blue paint job is far and away the bestest of the best colors on a proper GS.  I thought I had the coolest with the blue/white.... but if I ............... I mean, when I finally beat up my tank to the point of needing paint, I will shamelessly copy this color scheme.

Congrats Dan, you freekin' SCORED!  Glad to hear she's boxed and shipped.

Cardo Mesh?  Send me a link.  I dig my Scala rider.  Great coms for two up.

52 minutes ago, Mikey777 said:

Cardo Mesh?  Send me a link.  I dig my Scala rider.  Great coms for two up.

Cardo scala rider PACKTALK Duo Bluetooth 4.1 and DMC Mesh Technology Motorcycle Communication and Entertainment System with HD Audio, Connect 2 to 15 riders (Dual Pack)

22 hours ago, Crawdaddy said:

I chicken out on riding the VStrom to work when it's sub "50 degrees" in the morning :lol: :bye:

So would I