Well, I was craving a ride, and a few regular riding buds couldn't rally.  So I thought I would give the SDAR bunch a 10 minute notice - smiles.  

I left my house in El Cajon at 9, pulled into Ocotillo at 10:15, Locked and loaded for riding by 10:33.  Took off north east with no plan but to end up at the bridge.  It was truly fantastic.  The temp was nice and I didn't pass one other bike, truck, anything, for over an hour.  The bike ran perfect, and since I had no agenda but to wander north, I was always exactly where I needed to be  :) .  Rock, Sandy, Whoopy, dirty fun. Rode the very soft ravine fast as I approached the bridge, no hints of the bike wanting to take a nap (could it really be that new Golden Tyre Fatty up front? - hmmm). I zipped under the bridge, stopped, and took my first 30 second break since leaving the truck.  It was 11:41, had a good solid hour of riding already - yahoo, everything else would be icing on the cake. I was surrounded by about 17 side by sides, everyone was lounging.  A glance around, and off I went-

IMG_4116.thumb.JPG.49c43b1c76b1dec97c8f09fe897ea018.JPG

Well, I normally skim the west edge of superstition as I head south east, but today I decided to circumnavigate the east side.  It was much slower for me given the rocky terrain and the more drastic whoops, but it was good riding, challenging for me to go fast, so had to tip-toe near my redline, which was likely more like yellow line for me since I was riding solo (and like Sunday riding for some of you SDAR Pros!). Good stuff, skimmed the edge of the Bomb zone and cruised down to Seely to gas up, it was 12:41. Another GOOD hour of riding!  Then headed further south towards Camachos as I was getting hungry, and I wanted to cruise casually along some canals.

IMG_4118.thumb.JPG.8e95da53848126b579a072286286455d.JPG

It was very crowded at Camachos today and I was the only one who wasn't wearing camouflage. May have been opening bird hunting day??  But lots of tired old fellers were waiting a long time for food, so I asked the nice waiter to bring me a bowl of beans and a bowl of rice with chips, along with a cold beer.  Damn good, and I walked out in short time. 

IMG_4119.thumb.JPG.c20f437b8933975f55ee31e45c04b422.JPG

With a full belly and content as could be, I headed west a little more calmly to look around at cool stuff, like more canals, and cool looking sprinklers (pic didn't really show how cool it really was, but still nice):

IMG_4123.thumb.jpg.3efb4f43a217cad0a7bccfea4a9ba71d.jpg

IMG_4120.thumb.JPG.89662cad5bbf2fcf6818cee44b745dda.JPG

Feeling dang good, opened it up under the power lines... front end got a bit squirrely at around 65 on the gravel sand mix, but not to the point that it felt dangerous, just fishing around a bit.. all good, kept an eye out for the sneaky drops, and zipped across Yuha back to ocotillo.  This was the loop: 95 miles.

5a07ae7fbdf02_ScreenShot2017-11-11at4_40_59PM.png.aef656291a98d17d5c33c5eb3f525a0b.png

Back to the truck by 2:23, with about 3.5 great hours of super riding solo in the wilderness completed.  Next time, I will try to give more notice, say... 20 minutes? - haha.

Headed west on Hiway 8 by 2:40.  Home before 4.  I should do that more often !!!

What a great wander today. Most certainly got my riding fix all taken care of.....  Until next week  :)

Cheers.