MacDuncan

thanksgiving week ride thoughts

OLD POST a week+ ago -On this Saturday morning, Nov. 11, 6 am, this 59.95 year old - casual rider - lining up the daily chores.....  but, the Desert looks cool, winds look calm, and I haven't ridden for awhile..Just a quick lap - want to finish while sun is in the sky-   (thoughts for thanksgiving week - pieces of Bradshaw, picacho, red cloud, Kofa?).

Thanks Kiwi, This working stiff meant to imply that two of the three Sunday/Mon/Tues days of thanksgiving week may warrant an outing, or two.  A good outing early in the week  makes the holiday later in the week easier to manage  :).   Haven't figured it out yet, but some pieces and parts of the draft below is likely:

If anybody has insights about this draft (flaws, suggestions, especially dead ends....  specifically warnings... )  please chime in.

5a087d33ad1cc_ScreenShot2017-11-12at7_39_44AM.png.c33887d6e37d6afd33510a3007c970ee.png

We'll be out at the river shack if anyone heads to the Laughlin area......I can set up tracks for any bike/skill set out there......

Hmmmm, The BIG Public ride: LA - Barstow - Vegas, is about 400 miles, the dual loops I mapped is 520 miles....  Maybe too ambitious :)  

So, since ocotillo to Laughlin is only 260 miles, that sounds easy - haha  

Better yet, Winterhaven to Laughlin is only 211 miles, heck, that would leave some time for a cold one now and then :)

THIS THREAD IS SIMPLY INTENDED TO THINK  ABOUT POSSIBILITIES FOR ANYONE TO ANYWHERE, AND POSSIBLY MAKE SOME PLANS.  CHEERS. 

LA-B-V is $220.......and that's "if" you registered in advance........that's a lot of $$ and lodging in Barstow/Vegas will not be cheap at this late date.......anyone having an interest in LA-B-V would likely be better served by waiting a year......

The last time I rode LA-B-V was 2008 (prior to buying my river shack).    DigDug, Strega and I rode from San Diego to L.A., completed the ride, then rode back via sections of Mohave Road, Joshua Tree, etc........the layout I put together for that return trip/ride served as a partial baseline for the annual/January fundraiser out at Glamis North Hot Springs Resort.

In recent years I've either ridden up to Primm, or driven up to Vegas and unloaded, from Bullhead City then ridden the second day back into Vegas with the LA-B-V crew.  Red Rock Canyon near Vegas is one of the best sections of LA-B-V......we already hit that every Fall as part of the annual Bar 10 ride.......

John

You trying to kill me!

I did LA BV to V last year (all hard ways) and it was toooo much for me. Not enough "time for a cold one now and then:)"

Currently I can realy only do weekends. I do intend on doing an overnighter loop riding from SD-Bradshaw, overnight in Yuma ish and back border ish. Maybe around Christmas Time.

Did alot of that with Pasta Pilot about 10 years back on a ocean to river and back.

I will monitor this and join if possible.