Sign in to follow this  
Mikey777

Ducati v. Deer

This was posted on the San Diego DOC FB page...just a friendly reminder to watch out for wildlife in the backcountry.  There is a peacock on Eagle Creek Road that always runs out at me..one of these days it might just die from my tire roosting on its head.

Hey fellow Ducatisti,
I wanted to put out a word of caution to those of us (many of us) on the fun roads of San Diego County.
While out on Otay Lakes Road Sunday morning I unluckily encountered a couple of deer that decided to dart across the road ahead of me. I T-boned the second one about 45 mph and well that’s the beginning of the last 10, less than fun days I’ve been recovering in hospital, (lacerations due to the bike landing on me). Wear all your gear as I was, it did its job keeping my skin off the asphalt. No brainer right?
Moral of this story, you never know when your time will be so ride safe out there but be ready, in all the ways you can think of, for the worst at all times. Look forward to seeing all of you soon.
Raul
Btw I think she’s totaled 1f44e_1f3fc.png??

23316843_1776521232367217_3434252421684230392_n.jpg

23376597_1776477382371602_4855421594932708826_n.jpg

23319315_1776477379038269_8839332297834339988_n.jpg

" About 45mph "    Down from what?

Good Healing

I hear ya Bags.  It is actually hard to ride a Panigale at lower speeds because of the power band.  It is actually painful.

This is bigger concern then most people think. I encounter deer frequently on Highland Valley Rd. in the lower section near the Pinery. The flood plane east of Lake Hodges is heavily populated with deer and they just love to hang out along the road side at dawn, just when I happen to be cruising through in the morning. 

There are also quite a lot on Engineer road on my early morning rides through that area as well, and don't get me started on those Turkeys.

Heal Fast