Sign in to follow this  
AlpineTiger

New Member by SDSU

Hello, my name is Jordan. I'm 27, married, live in the SDSU area and ride a 2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC. I'm just getting into "Dual Sport" riding. I previously had a Honda CBR1000RR, but recently sold it to get the Triumph, due to most of my friends having more dual sport oriented bikes (KLR650's, Tigers, BMW's) that they go camping with. I've ridden dirt bikes a little in the past, so i would say i am beginner - intermediete level on the dirt, but am inexperienced with a big bike on the dirt, so we'll see how that goes. My usual ride's are to Mt Laguna, Julian, Palomar, but i would like to explore Anza Borrego, Joshua Tree, Idyllwild, and places like that. I'm also into camping, so would love to explore some remote camping areas around San Diego that you can get to by motorcycle. I have a pretty free schedule, so feel free to shoot me a PM to go on a ride or on an overnighter. 

Welcome! Enjoy your bike and look for post on the forum for posted rides,  lots of good people here who love to ride and camp.

Welcome. Ya just missed a great big bike camping trip - as did I - but there'll be more.  I had a Tiger XCx for a year but went back to the simple, like me, DR650. See ya out there.

Bike camping is great and the Tiger should be able to get you where you want to go.  Welcome to the group, see you on the trail.