We just made it back from our round trip  after 430 miles north of Ramona. Pictures willl be flying in from everyone on the trip. Thank you for rolling with us. Mr.JAJA

SDAR ride 11-2017.PNG

What a good ride it was,  I am just too tired to write anything or post pic, see ya tomorrow.

Can't wait to hear about it! The photos looked great. You had some fine weather, too. 

Tales of mopeds ... perfect weather ... cool peeps ... good route ... great ride!  I had a really good time. Yaaah...

What a great weekend. Good people, bikes, campfires and whiskey. I really enjoyed the route too. There’s just something about great beer, a salad, smoked gruyere and Italian sausages cooked over the fire with riding buddies passing a whiskey bottle.

It was my first trip into dirt and sand with Anakee  3’s, I really should have run the Heidenaus for the steep loose rock and sand. But I actually learned a bit about floating a thousand pounds of man and machine through the fluff on slicks. It was just deep enough that you could hop off and not need a kickstand. 

It was great to see JaJa’s kit in action. He appears to be the master of bike and gear gadgets and gizmos without going overboard  

Brian, Roy, Jim, JaJa, Dan - thank you guys for a great long weekend!

Note: I get 39mpg ever day all day long. When we gassed up Sunday morning I had 81.9 miles on the clock. Jim confirmed he had 81. She only took 1.42 gals to fill. (Drum roll please) : 57.7mpg!

To this incredible accomplishment I credit DanRider. Thanks buddy for bringing your amazing KLR that tops out around 39 miles per hour!  Keep your garage locked because I’m thinking about sneaking over tonight and swapping your two sprockets around!

Just kidding Dan. The pace was perfect for the scenery we rode through. It’s also cool to know if I had to I could get up to 313 miles out of a tank under ideal conditions. 

Until next time... 

Edited by Zubb
Fixed link

Oops trouble with the link. Wait for it . . .

What a great weekend, I’m still editing my photos, and Kelly is gonna put me to shame with his awesome photos and video he did. 

Thank you Dan and Udo for posting this up, can’t wait for the next one ??

It was great to meet royboyz, apparently you ride that gen 3 Strom pretty good,since I hardly ever saw you or your dust! 

Glad you were able to join us for Saturday Brian??

The dirt routes we took were really awesome, the views going up to Big Bear were fantastic! 

I will get my photos posted up soon 

See Dan Diego I told you they would make fun of me if I bought a KLR!  Thats ok its nice to go around the world slow, you see more.

Just now, danrider said:

See Dan Diego I told you they would make fun of me if I bought a KLR!  Thats ok its nice to go around the world slow, you see more.

There’s a lever on the left down by your foot. If you pull up on it you can go faster. 

21 minutes ago, Zubb said:

There’s a lever on the left down by your foot. If you pull up on it you can go faster. 

See Diego they will never stop!  They just do not understand, Sticks and Stones my break my bones but my KLR will never hurt me!  even if it is slow.

The ride was fun, we went from cold to a nice night of camping, the ride was full of adventure!  In Idyllwild I think the Moon and the Coyotes singing at night was cool!     JAJA thanks for putting the ride together from Iydllwild to Big Bear,  the trail to the top of Big Bear was awesome!  The Burger place in Big Bear was the Bomb!   I really enjoyed the pirate camp out in Johnson Valley, the spot was a changeling to get to but well worth the effort.  That night could of gone on for ever, the moon coming over the mountains was sensational while sitting by the camp fire.  Then Pioneer Town was a cool place, never been there before.  As always going through Joshua Tree and Box Canyon is spectacular (Jim needs to spend a whole week with his camera there).  Brian thank you for taking us to that great Taco joint in, Mecca best Burro I have had in a long time.  You guys where a blast to hang with for a weekend.   

A special thanks to Jim and Kelly hanging out at my tent Saturday night drinking  soda pop with me! Right!

Great ride! lets do another soon!

I will let Jim post pictures because as everyone knows he does take the best pics!

Danrider going dark. The invisi-camper. 

C5A33EC1-E88B-4C36-B05F-C334169A656F.jpeg

I’ve been trying to post and comment and the webpage keeps reloading, so I’m just gonna post my photos!

Hope it’s not to many for y’all ?

Thanks for letting me tag along with you guys, I had a great time and can keep reliving it with all the fantastic pictures posted.

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1113.JPG

IMG_1111.JPG

IMG_1110.JPG

IMG_1108.JPG

IMG_1105.JPG

IMG_1104.JPG

IMG_1103.JPG

Awesome job. Looks like you found the best camping spots in JT too.