amgems

Support National Monument Designation Process Reform

H.R. 3990 would amend the Antiquities Act of 1906 by reducing the size of future National Monument designations and creating a formal process for reductions of existing monuments. Please click the link to tell your congressman you support this legislation.

The Antiquities Act of 1906 is outdated. This bill will give more visibility and input to public land users before national monuments are created.

https://www.votervoice.net/Shares/Bn74QAxlACTcNAkVTiR7FAA

Whoa,   I am in total Disagreement with you on this one. If not for T. Roosevelt and Pinchot ( National Forest ), we would have a much reduced national heritage.  The Grand Canyon started as a National Monument.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Monument_(United_States)

Thanks for the link, I will balance you out,  Ha.   Message Sent

It is not that I dont like National Monuments, I do not like the Gov abusing its power and closing land by designating it a National Monument without the public having a say.  

Agree with Bum. Current wording in The Antiquities Act of 1906 allows the President solely to designate land as a national monument. He does not need ANY other government body, or basically anybody at all, to approve the designation.

This is not about doing away with national monuments. It is just to improve and modernize the process in which they are designated.

Thats funny,, Riding Buddy.  We will have to talk this over.   Can you say, " Oil and Gas in Bears Ears? "

;)

2 hours ago, Bagstr said:

Thats funny,, Riding Buddy.  We will have to talk this over.   Can you say, " Oil and Gas in Bears Ears? "

;)

This discussion should probably incorporate a cold malt beverage. :drinks: See ya at the Avi.

+1 .   We can plan a trip to All the Monuments.    :lol:

"This is not about doing away with national monuments. It is just to improve and modernize the process in which they are designated"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/04/us/trump-bears-ears.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

The Trump administration plans to announce that he will shrink the monument by between 77 and 92 percent, according to statements from the office of Senator Orrin Hatch, Republican of Utah. It would be the largest reduction of a national monument to date, and it comes as the administration pushes for fewer restrictions and more development on public lands."

I'll drink to that,   Bagstr

On 10/30/2017 at 11:32 AM, ADV Bum said:

It is not that I dont like National Monuments, I do not like the Gov abusing its power and closing [...or opening...] land by designating it a National Monument without the public having a say.  

On 10/30/2017 at 0:17 PM, amgems said:

Current wording in The Antiquities Act of 1906 allows the President solely to designate land as a national monument. He does not need ANY other government body, or basically anybody at all, to approve the designation.

Interesting that these statement coexist.

1 minute ago, paulmbowers said:

Interesting that these statement coexist.

I see what you did there :heh: