Sign in to follow this  
Spyder

Paging the Guy in the Pink Tutu

This could the the start of your awesome YouTube career!

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/mcy/d/need-to-learn-how-to-wheelie/6362284188.html

Hello!! I have a beautiful 1989 XT350 and I have had my M1 license for over year now. I am looking for someone to teach me how to do a wheelie. There is a great dirt road down the street from my house to learn. Though I could learn on the internet, I find it much more effective learning one on one, especially in this situation. (I have already tried once and proved unsuccessful). I, of course, will not accuse of any injuries as I am the only one riding the bike. It would be fun to have you ride along with me though, however, I could let you ride my bike. I would rather be contacted through call or text! My name is Max and my number is 
xxxxxxxxxx
. I am also going to film the process for a fun youtube edit!! I am excited to hear some responses!

IIRC the "guy" in the pink tutu is Schwinn (Steve).  I grew up in Escondido with Steve and there are still wheelie stories about him here (Escondido); he's a legend!  There was a rivalry between him and Joe Clark (Joe is not on this page) and I still remember the two of them riding wheelies from Escondido out to Rancho Santa Fe on Del Dios Highway.  Del Dios is pretty curvy and they (Steve and Joe) would pass cars (it was not a double yellow line back then) on their way out.  

Yes, I was hoping to draw Steve out with this. Have not seen him in a long time and was thinking about him. You are absolutely correct , he could ride that back tire. Fun to watch.

S

I saw Steve at the bike work day in Escondido a couple of months back and got to talk to him for a while; it was good to see him and chat.  He typically makes it out to Cruz'n Grand in Escondido when it's running (April-September) and you can run into him out there as well.

Are you an Escondido guy as well, Spyder?  Sounds like you got to witness some of Steve's rear wheel skills as well!