I always have good intentions to help out every time there is a trail maintenance day but I don't get to make it all the time.  Even though I have a lot going on in my life right now, I made it a point to get out there to help this time.  Since this is called San Diego ADVENTURE Riders, I figured it would  be an adventure to dual sport out there with the tools strapped to the bike.  Yeah, the Santa Ana winds gave me a good adventure by trying to push me off the highway but I made it to Four Corners just a few minutes past 0900.  

After the crew brief, I rode out to the Ranger trail head to see what the trail looked like.  I had brought a Ryobi cordless trimmer and a bunch of batteries, not sure how it was going to do out there.  I'm pleased to say it worked really well.  I wish I had brought the large capacity batteries, I had five smaller ones and used them up but by that time we were quite a ways and ready for lunch anyway. 

I rode the trail a few hundred yards past where I quit trimming and it was very obvious how much of an impact we made.  Much better sight lines through the corners, the ability to see different lines through the rocky sections and keeping my mirrors and hand guards from taking a beating.  The DR650 isn't my preferred choice for riding Ranger,  but it did ok on the section I rode.

Mike put together a great lunch afterwards, any time he shows up I know I'm going to eat well.  Thanks for all you do for the club, having people involved is what makes a good group into a great group.  

See you on the trail, friends.

Image may contain: one or more people, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: sky, mountain, motorcycle, outdoor and nature

Awesome !  Good job everyone, thanks for attending and thanks to Mike for organizing !

Awesome job bummed I couldn't make it too much gping on and had the baby, ill make it a point to ride trails in January and paint rocks i know they always need it

59 minutes ago, Bp619 said:

Awesome job bummed I couldn't make it too much gping on and had the baby, ill make it a point to ride trails in January and paint rocks i know they always need it

Ed Stovin was out on Ranger trail on Sat. He had brought paint to mark the trail. 

Congratulations on the baby!