I have been contacted and asked if we would do a trail maintenance day at Corral Canyon. Trails need work and they need volunteer hours so the state can match them for the budget. 

Maintenance day will be Saturday December 9th. Meet at the 4 Corners Trailhead inside Corral Canyon at 9am. 

I will be out Friday night Dec 8th camping out, first choice is the upper campground at Bobcat Meadows, if that one is full, then the lower campground.

CC Trail Map Google Earth LINK HERE

Corral_Canyon_OHVA.bmp

Hopefully we can have a good turnout Saturday morning the 9th.

I will have the grill with burgers and dogs with an assortment of beverages. If you would like to bring out something for the potluck lunch/dinner it would be appreciated. 

Please come out and help!

Alan Klumph

Jim Martin

Tom Moudry

Ken Orman

Pete

Brian Long

Van Lynch

I will put it on my calendar.  Always happy to help out, out there.

I was gonna post about next maintance day but schedule been nuts, I'll try and make it put on my calendar 

53 minutes ago, Bp619 said:

I was gonna post about next maintance day but schedule been nuts, I'll try and make it put on my calendar 

Way to much going on as well, but we are due for a Maintenance day and the trails and rangers really need it. Glad to see people joining in already.

subscribed. Can't commit till closer.

Wish we could be there,  hope there's a good turnout !

Be nice to have 10 to 20 people show up.

Little suggestion to make signs at trail head that says trail maintance work i remember last year on ranger trail we had almost 1 or 2 encounters.

28 minutes ago, jpskinner007 said:

So I haven't been to one of these before. What do I need to bring?

Clippers, loopers, maybe hand saw. Hiking shoes, water, good attitude and alcohol for around campfire.

Some tools might be provided by forest service for use

My friend has loaned me his Ryobi cordless hedge trimmer and chainsaw.  I have four batteries and he has two, I have used it on my property here and it works darn nice.  I'll do my best to not give it back to him until after this!

On 10/28/2017 at 9:55 PM, Bp619 said:

Little suggestion to make signs at trail head that says trail maintance work i remember last year on ranger trail we had almost 1 or 2 encounters.

Great suggestion. Mike has a lot on his plate right now with the Desert Dash coming up, etc.  If anyone would like to help out by making these signs, that would be great. Try to make them as inexpensive as possible, I'm sure Mike / SDAR would be happy to reimburse you. These are signs we could use for future trail maintenance also.

The signs could say "Trail Maintenance Ahead" in large, bold font...then smaller font below it saying "San Diego Adventure Riders".

The Rangers need a new Trail Maintenance Agreement between SDAR and the Forestry Service.

I will need a list of all volunteers and their phone # and email addresses.

I will start making a list in the first thread of those who are committed and I have their info. I also need to know any minors who will be there as they need a different agreement for them.  If you wish to be off the Forum list but still participate you can send me your info, but please tell me you dont want to be on the Forum list.  It is important to have the volunteers listed for the Forest Service as they get credit for all who show up.

Everyone really appreciates those who volunteer.  SDAR has always been a big contributor to their trail maintenance program and I am hoping we can get larger and larger turnouts for this. I would like to do this twice a year minimum. I am working on getting some Sponsors so we can have some raffles for volunteers as a thank you.

If someone is working on signs please let me know so we are not doing double duty.

Thanks again!

What size do the signs need to be, how many are needed and can they be made of wood?  I may be able to help.

On 10/30/2017 at 9:30 PM, simicrintz said:

What size do the signs need to be, how many are needed and can they be made of wood?  I may be able to help.

Simi, I would say something like 12" to 18" wide by about 24" high with fold out legs ? PM me or Mike to talk about it if u want.

I had a window to work with when my wife was doing a production run (she has a small sign business) over the weekend (Christmas is coming!) and thought I may be able to work something in (if I promised to help!).  All her wood is now cut and she is on to staining and lettering.  I will see if I can still make something happen.  I think I saw a PM from you so I will respond to that with my other questions.

Bump

On 10/30/2017 at 10:13 AM, ADV Bum said:

The Rangers need a new Trail Maintenance Agreement between SDAR and the Forestry Service.

I will need a list of all volunteers and their phone # and email addresses.

I will start making a list in the first thread of those who are committed and I have their info. I also need to know any minors who will be there as they need a different agreement for them.  If you wish to be off the Forum list but still participate you can send me your info, but please tell me you dont want to be on the Forum list.  It is important to have the volunteers listed for the Forest Service as they get credit for all who show up.

Everyone really appreciates those who volunteer.  SDAR has always been a big contributor to their trail maintenance program and I am hoping we can get larger and larger turnouts for this. I would like to do this twice a year minimum. I am working on getting some Sponsors so we can have some raffles for volunteers as a thank you.

If someone is working on signs please let me know so we are not doing double duty.

Thanks again!

Was out there on Sunday.  Lots of trimming could be used on several trails, including trail #4 and Ranger.

I can help out too for the day and you can put me on the list as well.  Possible carpooling for the day if other in North County want to share a ride.