Looks like it was a great ride.  Wish I could have been there.  I look forward to seeing the photos.

But we made it to Germany to go on a different kind of ride, in a new ride :)

Only a half a day with it so far but very happy.  BTW, I really recommend the Mercedes factory tour for anyone who gets a chance.

IMG_2378.JPG

On 10/26/2017 at 6:19 PM, Mr.JAJA said:

I don't think you will run into the speed limiter. Only Autobahn I can think of is the one from Koeln to Trier. I did drive a Vette ZR1 in the 80th  there to our factory in Mandern. Still a nice ride and say hello to my friends. See you on the next ride.

20150911_090450_resized.jpg

You were right, didn’t hit the limiter.  There were some spots were we could have, but I was still in the break-in period.

Later after break-in was complete it was either rainy or traffic was too heavy.  But I did get a chance to put the pedal down a few times.  Cruises at 160-180 kph like it’s 55 mph.  When you put your foot in it, it leaps to 220 kph really fast, did that a few times, then we had a chance to run it up to 240 kph or so.  Then on the last day we had a brief clear stretch where we were going along at around 180 kph and we opened it up a bit longer.

My wife got a bit of video.  She cut back to the road as the speedo was passing 260 kph and it was still climbing strongly when I let off at around 275 kph (170 mph) a few seconds later.  This with four people in the car and a trunk full of luggage.

Really impressed as the car felt totally planted.  The whole two weeks went by really fast and now I’m going to be waiting for six weeks or so for the car to make it back to the states.

2018 Mercedes E63S AMG on the autobahn

1 hour ago, darylhunter said:

You were right, didn’t hit the limiter.  There were some spots were we could have, but I was still in the break-in period.

Later after break-in was complete it was either rainy or traffic was too heavy.  But I did get a chance to put the pedal down a few times.  Cruises at 160-180 kph like it’s 55 mph.  When you put your foot in it, it leaps to 220 kph really fast, did that a few times, then we had a chance to run it up to 240 kph or so.  Then on the last day we had a brief clear stretch where we were going along at around 180 kph and we opened it up a bit longer.

My wife got a bit of video.  She cut back to the road as the speedo was passing 260 kph and it was still climbing strongly when I let off at around 275 kph (170 mph) a few seconds later.  This with four people in the car and a trunk full of luggage.

Really impressed as the car felt totally planted.  The whole two weeks went by really fast and now I’m going to be waiting for six weeks or so for the car to make it back to the states.

2018 Mercedes E63S AMG on the autobahn

That is what I love on Germany. GoFast, not GOPRO.