woops

21 hours ago, Wierdrider said:

What do you mean got? Past tense,we haven't gone yet!

Woops, I for some reason thought you were going this weekend, never read the date until just now like a dummy. I'm in with street tires as long as there isn't too much sand next weekend. Have collected most of my bikepacking gear.

Do you guys run with radios? I have one but left it in Ocotillo and could ride out and get it if you guys use em

I just bought the helmet kit and ptt, but have never usde it. I planned on leaving my Sena hooked up. Zubb and I have used them with the intercom. 

There's chance I might not go, My best bud, my dog Guinness has not been feeling well, and we might have to take him in. I really hope to make it. I'm also gonna try and leave earlier than 2:00 if I go. 

Dan and Udo, how early can you guys leave? 

Tom, you gonna go?

26 minutes ago, Wierdrider said:

I just bought the helmet kit and ptt, but have never usde it. I planned on leaving my Sena hooked up. Zubb and I have used them with the intercom. 

There's chance I might not go, My best bud, my dog Guinness has not been feeling well, and we might have to take him in. I really hope to make it. I'm also gonna try and leave earlier than 2:00 if I go. 

Dan and Udo, how early can you guys leave? 

Tom, you gonna go?

I could be there by 12:00 if need to be.  If you guys want to leave earlier than that go ahead, because I can meet you up in Idyllwild.  I have to work in the morning.

Friday night in Idyllwild the low will be 40,  and might have a 10% chance of rain at night ( that never stops me), will be a little cooler on Sat while driving through Big Bear, the high will be 47 and in the desert by Joshua Tree the low at night will be 45.  Make sure you bring a beanie to sleep with because that will Keep you warm while  sleeping in your tent. it would not hurt to bring your rain liner for your riding jacket.  

I would prefer to pirate camp and make our own dinner,  the purpose for this is so you could get the hang of what it takes to live off your bike for 24 hours.  It is easy to eat out at a restaurant,  but if that is what you guys want to do I will go with the flow.    In January I am doing a two day camp and ride in Kofa, and you will have to live off your bike for two days, It will be a good practice in the event you join the Kofa ride.  

Mikey777 is right I use hand signals, feel free to bring your radios,  maybe someday I will conform to a radio. 

3 hours ago, royboyz said:

woops

Woops, I for some reason thought you were going this weekend, never read the date until just now like a dummy. I'm in with street tires as long as there isn't too much sand next weekend. Have collected most of my bikepacking gear.

You will be fine!  If we take a dirt road to camp it will most likely be dirt gravel.  You will need to go slow, I will stay and ride behind behind you so you will feel comfortable.  Ride at your own pace , we are all out to have a safe ride and a fun time.

Regarding "SAND": not much sand, more hard pack. Poppet flat is graded dirt road, Radford camp trail up to Big Bear is hard pack. Johnson Valley graded dirt roads.

Radio: I have one but never used it.

Rain, What is that? Yes I bring my rain gear and rain cover for the tent.

40th F: Brawww. I have two sleeping bags with me.

Pirate camping in Johnson valley with Fire and Brats.

With my GS the speed will be easy going, no racing for me.

Leaving: I can leave around noon. but than we can take it easy to Idyllwild. (or have more Beer in Camp)

I cant leave at 12;00 but that's OK I have to work also in fact they're probably gonna freak out when I tell them I leaving early period but I was only gonna work until noon so could probably be on the road before 2:00. I knew I should have retired this year like I wanted to. Oh well.  Wierdrider, I feel for you I have a dog that's barely able to walk now due to old age and its tough to even think about putting him down.  I can also meet up at Idyllwild if needed

I'm still a maybe.  Got friends in town Friday I haven't seen in a while, and a possible bike purchase in AZ on Sunday.  

If I end up going, Zubb and I are planning on taking off mid morning. But that's all tentative. 

In less a few more decide to come, I guess our two campsites will be enough for us all. 

Royboyz, I'm really sorry about your pooch. ?

I hope we get to ride together, that'll make two Stroms, two 1150 GS's, and either another GS, or a (K)eep (L)ocktite (R)eady!

My boy Guinness 

IMG_3471.thumb.JPG.afd9a31988461005442c17461aa54559.JPG

2 hours ago, royboyz said:

I cant leave at 12;00 but that's OK I have to work also in fact they're probably gonna freak out when I tell them I leaving early period but I was only gonna work until noon so could probably be on the road before 2:00. I knew I should have retired this year like I wanted to. Oh well.  Wierdrider, I feel for you I have a dog that's barely able to walk now due to old age and its tough to even think about putting him down.  I can also meet up at Idyllwild if needed

If they leave early I will ride with you to Idyllwild, we can meet in Escondido at 2:00, let me know.

If everyone leaves on different times, I need to know who. Not that I wait till 2 and ride by my self where I can start at noon.

It looks like I'll be able to leave La Mesa around 10-10:30 with Wierdrider. My only change of plan will be if a work opportunity or crises pops up, but looks unlikely at this time.  If Jim/Wierdrider has to pass, I will readjust my launch time to meet up with whomever, at wherever.

I LOVE this cold weather!!!!!  It's nice to throw the down sweater on under the KLIM and flick on the grip heaters in the morning.  I just wish we could have a campfire to pair with the whiskey and beer.

7 hours ago, Mr.JAJA said:

If everyone leaves on different times, I need to know who. Not that I wait till 2 and ride by my self where I can start at noon.

I still Plan on meeting you at 2:00 unless something changes. 

20 hours ago, danrider said:

If they leave early I will ride with you to Idyllwild, we can meet in Escondido at 2:00, let me know.

That sounds good Danrider

I just returned from LV. Reciving all information in the morning. You can text me with your depature time: 7603153592

Thinking about meeting up with the group Saturday morning. I'll be able to confirm if I can go late Friday afternoon.

I have several business issues this morning, but am IN as planned.  I'll be with Wierdrider, when we leave La Mesa.  Exact time TBD, but I'm sure Jim will keep the group informed as I ferociously fight work fires for the next few hours.

I'm so STOKED for this!

I will be meeting Danrider in Escondido at 1;30 and after that still to be determined