Sign in to follow this  
PastaPilot

Ford F-series Recall

Just an FYI for those of you with F-series trucks.

Ford recalling 1.3 million F-series Super Duty pickups

trucks, the best selling vehicle in America, for a problem with a door latch that could allow the door to open unexpectedly.

The affected models include some of the model year 2015 F-150's, as well as some 2017 Super Duty pickups. In addition to the problem with the door opening while the car is moving, the latch can also prevent the driver from opening the door when they need to.

Here are the models affected:

*2015-17 F-150 vehicles built at Dearborn Assembly Plant, March 12, 2014 to Dec. 31, 2016

*2015-17 F-150 vehicles built at Kansas City Assembly Plant, Aug. 11, 2014 to Dec. 30, 2016    

*2017 Super Duty vehicles built at Kentucky Assembly Plant, Oct. 8, 2015 to Sept. 1, 2016

Ford estimates it will cost $267 million to make the repairs.

Ford said it is not aware of any accidents or injuries associated with the problem.

http://www.wxyz.com/money/auto-news/ford-recalling-13-million-f-series-super-duty-pickups

See what happens when you continue to support the NFL and advertise while the players use our National Anthem to make a statement and be disrespectful (my opinion)............

Rant over; sorry for the detour :)

I had a recall for the door latches on my 2013 Ford Focus.  Problem was they didn't have parts but said I could continue to drive it but be aware that doors could pop open at any time.  REALLY!!  I took care of the problem and many others with the vehicle by getting Ford to buy the car back under the CA lemon law program.

I used to think Ford's were good vehicles with good quality control but not any longer.  They are just another POS like many others these days...  Sad but true.