PastaPilot

Free Time Ride Oct 22-24

I've finally got some free time to ride. I saw there are a few others that have some free time due to various career obligations, aka retirement (tntmo I'm calling you).

I have to work Thursday through Sunday afternoon and then driving from Van Nuys to my favorite camp and ride spot in the Southern Sierra Nevada mountains. Lake Isabella. 

This is a get on the bike after most of the last year off the bike ride. So for me, this will be a slower pace and lower mileage than regular, but still plenty of good intermediate trails to fill the days. The plan is to ride a little on Sunday, All day Monday and Tuesday then drive home to hit the higher congested areas after the evening commute. 

I'm still undecided where to camp. Probably in Keyesville, but possibly in the mountains. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/OgDpfR8dNtbm1AvF2

Called me out!  Well, I am on leave again starting Thursday.....let me see.  What's the riding like there?  Single track, dual sport, big bike friendly, etc?  My Husky is still in supermoto trim.  The DR650 is ready, and the red sticker KTM is ready. 

HA haha, called out in a public forum. 

I'll be on a red sticker YZ. The dualsport riding riding would be incredible but until I have inclination for another moto it is about the singletrack in the mountains. There will be two track and dirt road and some paved forest road but mostly singletrack. 

You almost got me into big trouble on this one, I was about to spring it on the wife that I was going to be out riding until I remembered that her birthday is on Tuesday.  

Maybe next time, I don't need that kind of drama in my life!