Don't follow me. I always want to go to Tecate but took a wrong turn and ended up here. 

1015170826_HDR.jpg

The Characters 

The KugIMG_5320.thumb.JPG.234ca238453cdf6dade86578d48fb0c7.JPG

HMBurgIMG_5321.thumb.JPG.c4dd6e952d07f9d720c1b671206e14d9.JPG

Kiwi WayneIMG_5324.thumb.JPG.0874f103cc1785eb55ea0d010e6a7f63.JPG

Wierdrider IMG_5327.thumb.JPG.e0e3e3b4435daf248601e83b1465a850.JPG

11 minutes ago, simicrintz said:

You look somewhat "pastoral" in that shirt, Jim :)

And then there was riding!??

The mission: 

Ride, eat, drink, be merry and ride! 

Wayne hangin it out on the way to the Hide out

IMG_5315.JPGNo caption needed?

IMG_5319.JPG

The crew is here, and off to Lost Valley 

IMG_5328.JPG

We buzzed up to Anza with no photo stops unfortunately. Then Wayne's bike decide to take a nap.

IMG_5330.JPG

IMG_5331.JPGI stayed put and documented the incident 

IMG_5332.JPGNo harm, no foul?

IMG_5336.JPGOff to get some grub

IMG_5341.JPGAfter a full belly from Yilbertos

IMG_5343.JPGWayne ordered the child's plate?

IMG_5344.JPG

Ken satisfied 

IMG_5346.JPGKen heading North on Bautista to go over Thomas mountain 

IMG_5347.JPGThe boys follow the leader

IMG_5350.JPGThat's always a good sign ?

IMG_5351.JPGHere we're stopped at the junction where you could take Rouse road  

IMG_5354.JPGThomas mountain has been on my bucket list, so another one checked off thanks to Ken and SDAR 

IMG_5356.JPG

There goes the dust monster, man Homer rides that bike good!IMG_5358.JPGThere goes Kiwi

IMG_5359.JPGThe view from Thomas mountain was very nice 

IMG_5361.JPGAt the bottom on 74 with Idyllwild in the background 

IMG_5363.JPGCouldn't quite fit all the supplies, so we had to do something about it 

IMG_5241.JPGHomer and his bike to decided to take a nap at one of the Springs on Santa Rosa mountain 

IMG_5366.JPGThen my bike decides to take a nap also?

IMG_5376.JPGWe got to " the campsite " and it was already taken. So far,heading up the mountain,we've passed a lot of people camping.

Ken turning around after nowhere to camp at this spotIMG_5378.JPGKen trying to take Wayne out!

IMG_5380.JPGI sat on my bike while Ken went forth to find our abode for the eve.

I enjoyed the sunset while waiting 

IMG_5396.JPG

There it was, the perfect spot on top of Sata Rosa mountain, just waiting for us  IMG_5405.JPGKen enjoying the views from atop of the mountain 

IMG_5421.JPGAfter setting up camp whilst having some beverages I decided to take some nocturnal images.

IMG_5310.JPGThen Wayne took a break to blow up his air mattress with the help of Homer and Honda???

IMG_5431.JPGBack to photographing 

IMG_5308.JPG

IMG_5307.JPGAfter sitting around eatin, drinkin, tellin stories and just having a good ol time like CID promised, we hit the hay. What an awesome day??

IMG_5302.JPGSundays sunrise was quite nice!

IMG_5438.JPGI wandered around taking some more photos of the area 

IMG_5299.JPGThat's Toro peak

IMG_5298.JPG

IMG_5296.JPGThe road less traveled ??

IMG_5295.JPG

IMG_5294.JPGLooking up towards our campsite 

IMG_5293.JPGIt was a little brisk, but not bad at all. My hands only got cold the night before from holding beer all the time  

IMG_5290.JPGMine and Homer's tent was up top while Wayne found a nice soft spot down the other side, and Ken found a nice spot down behind me

IMG_5265.JPGIt's not a plane, it's Super Kug!

IMG_5450.JPGThe gang, before heading out Sunday  

IMG_5282.JPGThe man, the lengend, the Koogster

IMG_5273.JPGI had Ken take my picture. He said I looked fat, I said I am.

Just crop the belly out and call it good.

IMG_5272.JPGThis is looking towards the desert on Toro Peak

IMG_5453.JPGSalt n Sea off in the distance 

IMG_5454.JPGA couple of happy campers ??

IMG_5459.JPG

IMG_5461.JPGRiding down the mountain from Toro Peak

IMG_5464.JPG

IMG_5465.JPG

IMG_5468.JPG

IMG_5469.JPG

IMG_5470.JPGWe stopped at Paridise Valley restaurant and had breakfast and then gassed up in Anza and took the TT's back to 79 where I said my goodbyes. 

I stopped in Santa Ysabel and rehydrated and then slabbed it home via old Julian Hwy 

IMG_5474.JPGI was just getting ready to leave when then copter fired up, so I stayed and documented it, I do that!

IMG_5480.JPG

IMG_5482.JPGKen, thanks again for putting this together ?

I had a great time, I hope I didn't slow you guys down too much 

Ride on!

Tell Kiwi I do not believe at this time they make pucks for the knees on dual sport riding pants as of yet.  But I think we could send in the picture of him on his dual sport leaning into a corner with his knee out to KLIM and they might try something new!

Sorry boys no more stoping at the Hideout for a barley pop anymore!!!  I sure do miss that stop!

Just now, TexasDualler said:

Are you using the exhaust to inflate that air mattress???

Kinda like a hot water bottle

57 minutes ago, danrider said:

Sorry boys no more stoping at the Hideout for a barley pop anymore!!!  I sure do miss that stop!

Ye of little faith, you think a closed bar could stop us?

Jim thanks for posting and writing about the ride. I am a little slow on posting up. Good times indeed , Great crew and lots of laughs. HMberg -Homer realy hauls ass on his 700 Honda. Great rider and put the fancy equiptment to shame. We had a nice ride . Good to see the Hideout is getting rebuilt. Sad to see Indian Flats campground and area burned to a chrisp. Good to see and smell Pot farming is realy taking off in Anza. Kind of a lot of different characters out their . Fun to have Jim take all the pictures .Lots of deer hunters up on top of the Mtn. Best part is when Wayne fills his Hot water bottle with his XR exhaust -- classic . Found a few good campsites for future trips. Still so much to explore on the ride up their . 

Got to plan a SDAR Bikepacking weekend in Spring with plenty of notice so all camper can come  !!!! 

1 hour ago, danrider said:

Tell Kiwi I do not believe at this time they make pucks for the knees on dual sport riding pants as of yet.  But I think we could send in the picture of him on his dual sport leaning into a corner with his knee out to KLIM and they might try something new!

Danrider

Too late. Found these Pucks at Homedepot.

IMG_5380.JPG.865a6d53c0bf17bcd57c00a038c45272.JPG

I would like to get in on one of these bikepacking rides. Just about finished getting the v-strom set up and the hopefully get some gear for the exc soon

On 10/15/2017 at 10:00 PM, Wierdrider said:

IMG_5241.thumb.JPG.6aa14e54e6fa2d11d7236febcf0d81da.JPGJust a little teaser?

Thanks Jim for sharing your adventure photo stories. It looks like your gang was a joyfull mates to toss some cold Tecate under the sky lights.

Cheers,

Gery