jpskinner007

New Member in Valley Center

Hello Everyone,

I just bought a 2009 KLR, finished my riding class and got my motorcycle license. I am hoping to get back into riding again after a 9 year break. I have been riding dirt bikes off and on since junior high and never rode street until now. My last bike I rode was an XR400, which still taunts me as it sits in the garage.

I was excited to see this group since I have no clue as to where I can go riding with so many areas that seem to be off limits here in San Diego. It is a totally new experience for me since I grew up in Las Vegas and we could ride practically anywhere. I hope to have the time to go on a ride in the near future and work the kinks out.

And if anyone has any suggestions for tires, it would be appreciated. I will take the question to the parts forum, but thought I would throw it out here too.

Thanks

Jimmy

IMG_20170819_133551258.jpg

Welcome to the forum 007, congrats on the new bike??

Lotsa good knowledge to be picked here. 

Nate Harrison Grade would be a good ride for you, very close. 

It goes up Palomar Mountain ?

Welcome. Great group to get the lay of land from. I'd even suggest doing the ride tomorrow - even if you aren't going to camp - to see some of the area.

Great all around machine in that KLR, it's a bit heavy but that doesn't stop people from doing almost everything on it.  The desert is cooling off, Anza Borrego park is great for exploring.  

Get that XR going, another all round machine! 

Welcome to the group, see ya on the trail.