Bagstr

South Carrizo Wash - Friday Oct 13 - 0800hrs

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?hl=en&mid=1ZNpa1OTsYkbkUamudPjkhcRjNlo&ll=33.07528965671716%2C-116.28242433071136&z=10

Arriving about 0800 for a south ABDSP Loop.  Two Track sand, rocks and views. Mortero Canyon Rd. to Dos Cabezas and Jojoba Hills. Water, tubes and tools; no gas on route. Usually ends up being about 70 miles. We will loop back north and scout something else to make the day. Finish around 1:00pm, supposed to be in the high 80's. Look for Carrizo Wash South trailhead, there is a sign at the highway, then east to the trees. Bring a chair as we may hand out for a few at the end. 

Plated Bikes required as this is all in The Park.   Everyone welcome, be ready for A Deep experience!

Bags

I hope to make some of these dez runs with you soon Bags. Enjoy.

I would like to make this ride.  I had minor metal in the trans oil after last weeks ride but nothing too bad.  I took off the side cover to inspect the clutch and primary gears and everything looks normal.  Bike is now back together and I'm riding to work today and maybe put a few more miles on it Thursday and take another oil sample.  I'm not ready to completely tear it down and split cases until there are symptoms or a lot more metal.  I spoke with a person that knows ktm 530's and he said not to worry about it. Just change the oil and keep an eye on it.  I'll keep you posted.

Garage,

We can all imagine explanations for that metal.  Mine is that it leftover from manufacture and finally dislodged from some internal recess. Continued stability is good. Hope you make it to Carrizo Trailhead!

Rick,

We will be there, In the Dez, when you are ready.

P10103731000w-L.jpg

P10000631000w-L.jpg

Hey Jedi,    

Check out the title up top.   If you have Google,  the link gives you a map with waypoint. Paper map = Highway S-1 north of the village of Ocotillo. As you drop off Sweeny Pass, to see the pictured road sign.  This is just south of the Bow Willow Campground exit.

Hope you make it down Friday

Full Speed Ahead,  loading up the gear.     ;)

Black, Black and Black.

I focused on the green ..

Luckily, The Picture of the Borregos foraging in the Indian Canyon narrows is stuck in my mind.  One big ram and a group of five or so. 

https://www.desertusa.com/bighorn/bighorn-sheep1.html

I had no idea there were only 200 in the entire park.  And that they migrated from Siberia 10,000 years ago.

Bags

12 hours ago, Bagstr said:

Luckily, The Picture of the Borregos foraging in the Indian Canyon narrows is stuck in my mind.  One big ram and a group of five or so. 

https://www.desertusa.com/bighorn/bighorn-sheep1.html

I had no idea there were only 200 in the entire park.  And that they migrated from Siberia 10,000 years ago.

Bags

YES! That was really cool- never seen that many in the wild before.

I like birria tacos ;  )

I just want to go on record that is NOT cool for me to be going to work and see Bagstr headed up the other side of the freeway with his bike ready to go.

:(

2 hours ago, Uncle Champ said:

I just want to go on record that is NOT cool for me to be going to work and see Bagstr headed up the other side of the freeway with his bike ready to go.

:(

Oh Man, Sorry to do that to you!  After 34 years as an electrician,  I still get a kick watching the flood of traffic driving west as I drive east at 0630.

You know my friend, there is a solution to your dilemma.        :ph34r:

Wasn't ready for this group - mechanically and physically.

Good to go now....

Bags - when's the next one?

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=32.95464652163357&lon=-116.18853092193604&site=sgx&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text#.WeUlyhNSwWp

Apparently this is another Friday Day in the Dez,,,     I keep looking for a Wednesday, no luck

Should give you time to put Air in your Tires...      Indeed, personally not ready mentally or physically for any of this Day in the Dez stuff.  Well, not until we are standing in the vast stillness with only ourselves to account for. 

Moving to a new thread