Uncle Champ

Battery tenders

Guidance please, I now have more toys then time... bummer dude.

I looked at battery tenders on Amazon and am not sure which one to go with. Long ago I had a high dollar one off the Snap On truck but it didn't last. Anybody have the hot ticket on these?

What works , what doesn't, what lasts, what doesn't?

Thanks

Battery tender brand i use the junior but not lithium compatible im sure they have a model that is.

And add quick disconnect pigtails on all toys for easy hookups

I get the Battery Tender brand. I used a BT Jr for over 6 years, rotating between the rolling stock. Same with the pigtail install on all toys as BP.

I'd charge for a day, make sure I had a green (fully charged) light, give it a days rest, then move to the next one. It finally gave out in year 7 or 8. I got the full sized BT a few months ago and it gets the same drill. I did buy a lithium specific separate charger for the WR since it has that battery.

Just now, TrophyHunter said:

I get the Battery Tender brand. I used a BT Jr for over 6 years, rotating between the rolling stock. Same with the pigtail install on all toys as BP.

I'd charge for a day, make sure I had a green (fully charged) light, give it a days rest, then move to the next one. It finally gave out in year 7 or 8. I got the full sized BT a few months ago and it gets the same drill. I did buy a lithium specific separate charger for the WR since it has that battery.

+1

BT....They're GREAAAAAAT !  As Tony would say.

+1 on pigtails.

I use Battery Tender too. I have both the regular lead acid battery tender and the  lithium battery tender. I've never had a problem with either of them and have been using them for years on multiple bikes. I x3 what Brian said about installing the pig tails. It's usually one of the 1st things I do when I get a new bike or anything that has a battery in it that I don't use every day.

And!

They have a line of motorcycle batteries, one of which I've been running in the 500 (the best bike ever created by nonspecifichigherpower) and I've very pleased with it. The battery on the 990 (also the best bike ever created by nonspecifichigherpower) will soon need replacement, and I'll buy their bigger one.