Hi everyone. My name is Jay, I'm in Chula Vista. Just bought a 2003 DRZ400. Started out in 2007 riding sportbike (30k miles), switched to a Harley (30k miles), thought I was done with riding because of all the horrible drivers on the road. So it's been a couple years since I've road, and the only dirt experience I have is on a quad. So I sold my quad to buy the DRZ. Looking forward into jumping into lifestyle. Looking for some good mellow rides to start with, hopefully close to Otay Lake area since I live in Eastlake part of Chula Vista. Eventually get up to par with a GPS and some group rides. 

Thanks for taking your time if your reading this and look forward to seeing you all out there.

Welcome to the board. A few hours earlier, and you could've jumped in on the ride posted below. There are lots of members in your area and rides in the area perfect noobs....best advise is to just meet up with the guys/gals when a ride is posted and get your feet wet.

Welcome SailorJ8,

As Orcl suggested,  Just jump into the pool..    You have done that before, right.

Welcome to the forum.  Look for noob rides posted.  Cheers!

Welcome, I'm also in Chula and just recently acquired a drz as well. Let's meet up for an ride soon!