Sign in to follow this  
Mikey777

KTM EXC's & GPR Stabilizer Conflict = Wiring Damage

I picked up my '13 KTM EXC-F 350 used a while back.  It was plagued by shorts in the front wiring harness.  When I bought it, the bike had a GPR stabilizer installed.  Whoever put it on did not read the directions.  If you are thinking about adding a stabilizer to your EXC, pay close attention to this GPR warning which I found on the GPR website instructions. (I wanted to see what they recommended on how to remedy the issue).  If you don't adjust the spacing, your headlight harness will get serisously screwed up.  

Bending the wiring bracket is not enough as it eventually may get pushed backwards.  I reinstalled a new front harness and added some spacers I found at Home Depot to push the wiring harness away from the stabilizer and top triple.

GPR_Dirt_Bike_Install.pdf.png

Like mine did...

20170924_205835.thumb.jpg.431e64610de0922e8be1cb87d82269e9.jpg

Could be part of your starting issue. 

Re-starting: I found the idle setting helped  a good deal. 7 turns out or something crazy like that.

B)

After I got most of the wiring together and the tank on I hit the starter. It fired up right away. Repeatedly. I am hoping that I fixed it the hard start also.